Zapiecek Polskie Pierogarnie

Al. Jerozolimskie 28, Warsaw, Poland

Zapiecek Polskie Pierogarnie Warsaw Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Zapiecek Jan 14, 2016
Zapiecek Restaurant is a small chain that has several restaurants in Warsaw. Knowing Polish cuisine very well (I am Polish after all!), I can really recommend this restaurant to anybody who likes to taste what Polish cuisine really is.

This is the first restaurant I advice to visit when I’m asked about a place to eat in Poland. Everytime I host someone in Warsaw, I take that person to Zapiecek, simple because the food is great here. As far as I can judge, the food is always fresh and of a high quality. Service is very friendly. Boys usually like to watch the Polish girls serving the meals in traditional and adorable clothes. The skirts aren’t too long. Well, boys will always be boys. The truth is that these dresses aren’t national costumes as most of foreigners like to think. But I let people to believe that they are.

The dish I like the most in Zapiecek are the home-made blueberry and strawberry dumplings with sweet cream. 9 pieces are served and it is far too much for me. 6 or 7 would be enough. But they are so good that I usually force myself to eat all 9! They are boiled, but most of dumplings are fried. They are delicous too. Especially the ones with meat! But again, this is my personal opinion. There are lots flavours and you can combinate them as you wish. You can order 9 different dumplings! I love the potato pancakes with beef goulash too but they are far too big for me as well. The dish has 700g! My stomach can’t handle that. I also love the white grilled sousage served over fried onion! Zurek soup is also a great choice. It is the most Polish soup of them all. I’m not a fan of beetroot soup. Tried it once, and that’s enough.

The home-made cakes are a must-take as well. I love the apple pie. It is so good and so big that after finishing it, I can’t get up, but still I can’t say no to it! I’m a huge fan of tea with fruits. What I hear non stop from people visiting me is „you really like this tea”. I always order it. Or a lemonade in the summer. Drinking hot tea is very Slavic. So as a Slav I uphold the tradition.

Zapiecek is usually crowded. It means that they serve very good food here! People sometimes have to wait in a line to get a table. And they do wait! But still, Zapiecek is a perfect place if you look for a cozy place with fantastic atmosphere and typical and delicious Polish food! Prices aren’t expensive and you can have just perfect dinner even if you are on the budget.
home-made blueberry and strawberry…
fried dumplings
my tea!
Ils1976 says:
I am not reading this!!! *lol*
tastes even better ;)
Ils1976 says:
sounds great!
cimtech cimtech
Dinner at Zapiecek, Warsaw Aug 31, 2014
As recommended by Emy and also reading few reviews and articals in tourist guide i could miss this restaurant. Address was easy to find (thanks to EmyG), it was early evening little cold for outside sitting but still outside was my best option.

I was predetermined what to order, went through the menu and spend no time ordering. The menu is colorful and the best part is they have pictures. it makes it easy for tourist to choose the dish. Dumplings is one of their speciality but for one person it’s too much in to eat ( 9 pieces in one order). The waitress were nicely dressed, I think traditional Polish dress. They were very friendly, food arrived with nice presentation. My order was a local beer and Mix polskich grillowanych kielbas podawanych na cebuli ( Mix grilled Polish sausages served on onion), it was fantastic and delicious food, specially sitting open air with cold air blowing and cold beer on the side and not to mention people watching. Price was reasonable as well. I wanted to order a small portion of Pierogi Podsmazane na Patelni Podawane (Fired dumplings) but too bad they did not have any small portion on the menu. So decided to pay another visit for that one only.

I strongly recommend this restaurant (award-winners of culinary competitions) if you happen to be in Warsaw. Also if you are looking for good Polish food, you should try this place. I have visited two of their locations both of them are small and always crowded but great food.
View of the Restaurant from the st…
Sitting open air on the side walk!
My order White grilled sausage ove…
Beer in the frame !
EmyG says:
Why I havent written review abt Zapiecek yet? No idea rly lol im glad you liked it :)
Posted on: Sep 29, 2014
osgoodst osgoodst
Lets Eat Some Periogi Sep 29, 2014
So long story short, my plane flight home from a recent trip to Milan got diverted, and I ended up with a free night in Warsaw. After talking with travbuddy EmyG, she guided me to hit up the Zapiecek Pierogarnie.

Now as a "Polish American" we really don't have that many Polish traditions still in [lace, but one thing was the Pierogi, so I figured I'm in Warsaw, lets get some freaking Pierogi.

First off this place was really easy to find on the "Royal Walk" towards the old town that everyone was raving about. So lets talk about this place. First off the poor waitresses were in traditional dress and looked pretty cold, just like their personalities. I don't know if I went here on a bad day; but I only get looks this cold when I swear in front of my six year old nephew... hahaha.

The waitresses did warm up eventually and I got a medley of various periogi. I went with the Russian style with Bacon, which was not as delicious as it sounds, this onion / potatoe one which was spectacular, and finally a "fancy cheese" one.... it was a good thing.

After a few beers I was on my way,, nice and full of various dumplings, and in a pretty good mood for a stroll around Warsaw.

One final note, the guy in the table next to me, totally asked one of the periogi ladies out.... he was unsuccessful!
osgoodst says:
haha I figured if they dare serve Russian Style Periogi in Warsaw, they must be really good! For example there is an Italian restaurant nearby, classy place, and they started serving a burger... and it turned out to be delicious... mistakes made, eh
Posted on: Sep 30, 2014
EmyG says:
I should have told you not to order Russian kind dumplings; they are the worst from the whole menu ... I didnt expect a tourist can order Russian kind of food in Poland :P Polish style dumplings with meat or with cabbage and mushrooms are much better (fried not boiled). Lesson learned! Now I will tell LOL
Posted on: Sep 29, 2014