Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa

Zone Touristique Agdal Avenu Mohammed VI 40000 MARRAKECH MAROC , Marrakech, Morocco
www.zalagh-hotelkasbah.com/i… - +212 (0) 5 24 36 94 00

Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa Rates and Deals

Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa Marrakech Reviews

aelder2259 aelder22…
Haman at the Spa Jun 12, 2014
I booked a haman deluxe spa package at the hotel's spa. It included the haman bath, massage & a mani/pedi.

First, they had me strip down to panties and took me in a small room with a tiled ledge. It was thermally heated, so room was like a sauna. She put a towel on the ledge and wet it and had me sit for a few minutes. I started sweating. Then I was told to lay down on my belly and she rubbed me down with a eucalyptus salt scrub from head to toe, turning me over to get my front incl. my face. I stood to be rinsed off with cool water, then lay back down to be exfoliated with a special glove. You should have seen the dead, dry skin that was rolling of of me! Another rinse, then she washed and rinsed my hair.

Next, I was led to a lounge chair in a robe by an indoor pool and given some sort of tea to drink. It tasted like some Chinese medicine and not very good to taste. But, I drank it and started to doze.

About 15 min. later, I was taken to the massage room where I was massaged all over in a lemon balm type argan oil. When she was done, she covered me including me eyes, dimmed the lights and let me snooze for another 15 minutes.

After the massage, I got a manicure and pedicure. Kept nodding off.

When it was over, she dressed me so my nails wouldn't get messed up. I felt like royalty. Total time was about 3 hours.

Cost: 800 dirham (about $100 US)
cakinwande cakinwan…
Not ideal for non Moroccan tourists! Jul 13, 2012
I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and if I had a longer trip, I would have moved.

On arrival there was only 1 towel in the room for 2 people, the tv did not work and the phone did not work either. The air conditioning was terrible, it never cooled in the day and at night it became too cool.

I stayed half board and the food was terrible. For breakfast the only thing I could eat was scrambled eggs and tomatoes. There was no hot food besides the eggs, sometimes there would be a lady making a type of pastry bread. The other food available was SPAM (can you believe it?!?!) and lots of breads/pastries.

For dinner people were pushy and did not know how to queue. We only ate at the hotel for dinner once and that day I had chicken, roast potatoes and cucumber (I had to scrape off the yoghurt they had smothered them with) which was a little better.

Other problems are that guests will move your items if you leave them on the sunbeds around the pool.

You also will get stopped if you bring in your own water into the hotel!! The hotel is very expensive for drinks so we stopped at a supermarket to buy some as it was very hot. One guest we knew had to pay £4 to keep their own water! I avoided this by keeping our water in the baggage room and then sneaking it to my room later. I'd never experience anything like this before!

You could not even use the hotels indoor pool without paying, nor the jacuzzi or steam room. This was always empty as I guess nobody wants to pay for a service that is normally included.

Overall, I would not stay here again.
aelder2259 says:
If you ever get to Erfoud, check out Kasbah Tizimi....by far the best place to stay in Morocco! http://www.travbuddy.com/Kasbah-Tizimi-Hotel-Erfoud-v823075
Posted on: Dec 24, 2014
cakinwande says:
Clearly they have much improved their service because it was so bad going there. Did you note that your review is about 2 years after mine...

We met a couple who moved hotels because it was just so dreadful at Kasbar. I have since been to Morocco and stayed at other places which had been SO much better. I'm not American and I would not expect to see American food but I would've expected the food to be edible because at the hotel when I went there, it was barely.

I'm glad to see that has changed now based on your review...
Posted on: Dec 23, 2014
aelder2259 says:
My experience was so different. They never told us we couldn't bring in our own water. The indoor pool and jacuzzi are part of the spa and only for spa guests, not the hotel guests in general....otherwise, it would get too noisy for those having relaxing massages, etc. Food - I loved the food. You can't expect food to be the same as in America. Never saw spam for breakfast....closest was some salami-like meat. I mentioned that our air conditioner didn't seem to be working and they fixed it for me. I would stay here again.
Posted on: Dec 22, 2014