Zakynthos

Zakynthos , Zakynthos, Greece
Zakynthos - The Blue color!!
Zakynthos - @sun set time
Zakynthos - @sun set time
Zakynthos - Shipwreck
Zakynthos - Shipwreck
Zakynthos - There are some other nice beach too:)
Zakynthos - There are some other nice beach too:)

Zakynthos Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
The place must to see until you die,Shipwreck Beach Jan 02, 2016
When I saw the picture of this beach on internet,I printed the picture and put on my dream board.

The Zakynthos island located in Greece,Ionia sea. This island being very famous in Japan because the hero used to live in a Shipwreck in popular animation movie "Kurenai no Buta" created by Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli).

There are two way to access this island,by the air plain or take bus and ferry.

The flight is easy as it only takes 50 min . But there are not much flights schedule in a day. As we're not on season so flight was like once in a day also time schedule is not good.

I choose bus and ferry. It took 6hours totally a way. The bus access is good as you can choice time schedule. As for me I wanted to spend longer at Zakynthos,so I used earlier in the morning.

In my case

Departure at 7:45 Kifisou

Arrival at 12:30 Zakyntos

The fee for bus:28.4Euro/a way

The fee for ferry 8.5Euro/a way

better buy return ticket when you arrived at Zakyntos,especially if it's on season.

I recommend you to bringing international driving license when you go to the island. They were quite strict to check the lisence at rent a car shop. If you don't have rent a car/license probably to use tour is better for exploring.

The famous Shipwreck Beach is far away from the airport/port area,1hour by a car. If you go to the beach, you have to book a tour at town or from your hotel. I recommend you to stay at least 4-7 days at this island. Because you can't go to the beach if it's windy or wavy.

But no worry there is one more option that you can see the beach from top of cliff. You have to through mountain to reach there,the road is quite bending. Also it's cliff. If you're not good at driving,shouldn't drive that road.

The view from cliff is amazing! It's really worth to visit. I see,some said well it's the place must visit nuntil you die!

The Shipwreck Beach is wild as it is the open sea side. Inland sea has some nice beaches. We just visited two inland beaches in Zakynthos.

The Makris Gialos beach is smaller like private beach. It's stone sea bank and not much shoaling beach. The cafe owner across the road renting beach bed and parasols. And the cafe is quite good atmosphere also taste. Waves are calm,you can do snorkeling too. Some female were topless at there.
@sun set time
The Blue color!!
Shipwreck
There are some other nice beach to…
yasuyo says:

Helen,Glad to hear that! Yes,it is the place must to visit!! :)
HelenP says:
thank you for featuring this island. I would not have thought of putting it on my bucket list.. but it is on there now thanks to you. and congratulations on the review feature.
vulindlela says: