TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,002 travelers just like you!

Zagnut66
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Bill
Hometown: Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Website: www.sujatravel.com
Join Date: June 5, 2012
Contributions: Zagnut66 has written about 142 places, shared 2,438 photos, left 10,906 comments, and smiled 50,692 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, some Spanish
Most Memorable Travel Experience
-Climbing the Mayan pyramid at Chichen Itza in the most rank heat and humidity I've ever experienced
-Strolling amongst the bones in the catacombs under Paris
-Getting threatened with a voodoo curse by a woman in Nassau
-Getting yelled at by security at Stonehenge
-Wading past crocodiles in a boat in the Louisiana Bayou
-Riding on the Maid of the Mist by Niagara Falls (cheesy and touristy, yes, but also very cool)
-Any day at the Louvre
-Taking a small airplane ride over the Moab Desert in Utah
Profile
"Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?" - Friedrich Nirtzsche

"The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world." - William Hazlitt

"Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth." - Theodor Adorno

"I am not a great cook, I am not a great artist, but I love art, and I love food, so I am the perfect traveler." - Michael Palin
cotton_foam says:
Hi, Bill!
It's good to hear from you! I understand. A new new job can make us very occupied. I hope you have adjusted well by now.
I've been doing alright. Getting ready for our trip to the Philippines. I hope it is not so humid this time.
I'm glad though that this site is still here when you logged in because at times it won't let me! Oh well...
So, how's your Thanksgiving Holiday? I trust it was great and fun!
Ok till here for now. Have a good one, Bill!!

Posted on: Nov 25, 2017
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Bill, for the smiles on my review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gettysburg! Long time no see and hope all is well with you. Have a good Thanksgiving this week.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2017
WalterC says:
Hey Bill, thanks for all the smiles and comment! Great to hear from you, and seeing you back here on the site. And yes, I am really happy that the Eagles are doing great so far this season, though they still have a tough schedule ahead of them.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2017

Zagnut66's Travel Blogs

Cherry Blossoms Washington, D.C.
Mar 29, 2016
Some photos of the spring time blooming of the Japanese cherry blossom trees in Washington, D.C.
Overview 103 words 18 49 209
Blizzard 2016
Jan 22, 2016
A few photos of a monster snow storm that hit the east coast of the U.S.
Overview 98 words 8 35 139
Oct 31, 2014 – Nov 20, 2015
Some spooky and haunted places I've been to on my travels.
Overview 3,341 words 136 135 635
This blog was featured on Monday November 3rd, 2014

Zagnut66's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is about to get a makeover. Originally there was a bridge, the…
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
Old Cape Henry Lighthouse was built in 1792 as the first federally funded lighthouse in the youn…
This review was featured on Thursday March 30th, 2017
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Fort Washington, Maryland, USA
Fort Washington was built in 1824 as a defensive bastion to protect the capital city from naval …
This review was featured on Saturday September 3rd, 2016