TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 706,442 travelers just like you!

Zagnut66
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Bill
Hometown: Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Website: www.sujatravel.com
Join Date: June 5, 2012
Contributions: Zagnut66 has written about 142 places, shared 2,438 photos, left 10,910 comments, and smiled 50,696 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, some Spanish
Most Memorable Travel Experience
-Climbing the Mayan pyramid at Chichen Itza in the most rank heat and humidity I've ever experienced
-Strolling amongst the bones in the catacombs under Paris
-Getting threatened with a voodoo curse by a woman in Nassau
-Getting yelled at by security at Stonehenge
-Wading past crocodiles in a boat in the Louisiana Bayou
-Riding on the Maid of the Mist by Niagara Falls (cheesy and touristy, yes, but also very cool)
-Any day at the Louvre
-Taking a small airplane ride over the Moab Desert in Utah
Profile
"Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?" - Friedrich Nirtzsche

"The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world." - William Hazlitt

"Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth." - Theodor Adorno

"I am not a great cook, I am not a great artist, but I love art, and I love food, so I am the perfect traveler." - Michael Palin
yasuyo says:
Hi Bill,
How are you doing?
As we all are in a shocking news that TB shutting down this month. How we will miss all smiles and lovely comments on our passionate travel blogs. Hoping catch up you somewhere FB or I just made an acount TP as other TBs are there. Let's keep in touch!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2018
spocklogic says:
Hi Bill, I joined Travellerspoint about a year ago and will migrate there. Have a look at my forum post and see if it is something you might like to join also. If you make a TP account, make it known in the forum and I;ll add you to the list of members migrating or already there. Good to hear from you!

TravBuddy to Travellerspoint (A new home) - Who's there, who's going?
Posted on: Apr 01, 2018
cotton_foam says:
Hey, Bill!
Almost everyone here are migrating to this site called Travellerspoint.com!
I use pasyandoraCMay to be my user name. I hope to see you there!
I’m sorry I thought you already know. I’m very sad esp the first time I found out...
Anyways, happy travels Bill and hope to see you in the new home for some of the Travbuddies! ~ May
Posted on: Apr 01, 2018

Zagnut66's Travel Blogs

Cherry Blossoms Washington, D.C.
Mar 29, 2016
Some photos of the spring time blooming of the Japanese cherry blossom trees in Washington, D.C.
Overview 103 words 18 49 209
Blizzard 2016
Jan 22, 2016
A few photos of a monster snow storm that hit the east coast of the U.S.
Overview 98 words 8 35 139
Oct 31, 2014 – Nov 20, 2015
Some spooky and haunted places I've been to on my travels.
Overview 3,341 words 136 135 635
This blog was featured on Monday November 3rd, 2014

Zagnut66's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is about to get a makeover. Originally there was a bridge, the…
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
Old Cape Henry Lighthouse was built in 1792 as the first federally funded lighthouse in the youn…
This review was featured on Thursday March 30th, 2017
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Fort Washington, Maryland, USA
Fort Washington was built in 1824 as a defensive bastion to protect the capital city from naval …
This review was featured on Saturday September 3rd, 2016