Zackry's Guest House

Zackry's Guest House Rates and Deals

Zackry's Guest House Langkawi Reviews

samer9666 samer9666
Affordable stay with Amazing people May 11, 2012
During my visit to Malaysia I decided to take the night bus from Kuala Lumpur and go to Langkawi and stay away from the big city and have some time by the beach.

I took the 11:30pm Konsortium Ekspress which was very comfortable but a little cold (recommended bus) and arrived at Kuala Perlis at 5:30am, took the ferry to langkawi at 7:00am and arrived at langkawi at 8:00am.

Taxi took me from the ferry to Zackry's guest house in Cenang beach for 24 RM (Ringgit Malaysian)(appx $6 - $1 = appx 3 RM) which is a set-fare to get to Cenang beach.

The guest house is very cozy and I was greeted by Pete our amazing host! she was very friendly and she was able to find me a basic room with a shared bathroom ($10/night) which i thought was very reasonable.

My room was very nice and basic, it had a fan, a small bed and a small place to put your clothes/bag in, i didn't need more than that.

The place has free wi-fi and accessible from room, although sometimes the wi-fi was a little strange, disconnecting randomly, but mostly it's fine. But i wasn't bothered as i was there for the beach.

Very clean room and the shared bathrooms were kept clean.

The beach is 5 minutes away from the guest house, very serene and clean.

You have access to free coffee/tea and water (hot/cold), you can use kitchen facilities but you need to clean up after yourself. Soft drinks are for 2 RM and Beer is for 3 RM, they also have a bar and you can get cocktails/shots for

They have a minimum 2-nights stay policy, so you need to book at least 2 nights to stay there, but believe me, once you're there you don't really wanna leave. I ended up staying there 3 nights! :)

Other guests there were really friendly and i met some very nice people.

They have 3 amazing dogs, very friendly and clean.

I definitely recommend Zack's guest house if you want to meet nice people and have a comfortable place to stay in.

One tip about Langkawi, the exchange rate was lower than Kuala Lumpur ($1 = 2.91 RM) so if you're planning on exchanging some money, it might be wise to do it in KL before going to langkawi.
langkawi beach
the view from the ferry port
samer9666 says:
I think i left on the 29th of April, I think i missed you there! The swimming pool was not much to talk about, that's true, but the beach was so close so i was happy. glad you had a good time!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2012
drk_411 says:
Did you see me ? I stayed there from 13th to 16th May this year. An old 63 year old Indian Male. I agree with you that the guest house was very nice and would love to stay there again but the so called swimming pool was a joke. I cooked french toasts every morning for myself and a chinese couple.
Posted on: Jul 06, 2012