Yuzana Hotel, Yangon

Myanmar

Yuzana Hotel, Yangon Reviews

Cho Cho
Yuzana Hotel, Yangon Jan 21, 2013
I have stayed at this hotel many times. I like it because of the location, not too far from downtown, but far enough to avoid the noise and pollution.

The rooms are spacious and cleaned everyday. Satellite TV and a mini-refrigerator are standard in every room. It is within walking distance (10-15 minutes) of the Shwedagon pagoda. An added bonus of this hotel is the view of the pagoda from the 6th floor room(s) which is nothing less than spectacular! So make sure you ask for a pagoda view room. Also, there is a big grocery/department store on the ground floor of the hotel where you can purchase just about anything.

The last time I stayed there wi-fi internet access was available only in the lobby. When I asked the front desk about wi-fi availability in the rooms they said they were working on it. Perhaps they have installed it in the rooms by now. Prices there were very reasonable. Two years ago, the room rates were only US$25/night for a single or double with breakfast included. Unfortunately, because of the current supply and demand, I believe it is now close to $90! Even with this drastic increase, I have heard that the room situation is still tight, so make sure to make reservations well in advance.
lobby of the hotel.
front desk.
Tapestry on the wall at the front …
newspaper stand in the lobby.
Mnawin says:
I stayed there last 10 years ago. Nice and convenience place..
Posted on: Feb 01, 2013
Cho says:
Yes, tourist arrivals increased 300% last year! You can read more about this in my travel blog which I will be posting soon. Hotel room rates in Myanmar are getting out of hand, especially in the tourist places. You were lucky to be there two years ago when prices were still cheap!
Posted on: Jan 21, 2013
Cho says:
Yes, tourist arrivals increased 300% last year! You can read more about this in my travel blog which I will be posting soon. Hotel room rates in Myanmar are getting out of hand, especially in the tourist places. You were lucky to be there two years ago when everything was still cheap!
Posted on: Jan 21, 2013