Yusri Cafe

On the main road coming into town about 100m from the bridge, Bukit Lawang, Indonesia

Yusri Cafe Bukit Lawang Reviews

aaronw3 aaronw3
The nicest people we met on our vacation Aug 10, 2011
This little cafe is named after the owners, Yusuf and Rita, who are a lovely, kind and helpful couple. There is a little loft area with a hammock or two which was perfect for eating our meal, lighting a candle and watching the geckos run around during the monsoon rain times. The food was outstanding, especially the gado gado which was the best we had our whole time in Indonesia. The rice portions for the Nasi Goreng came out in the shape of a heart which really made my girlfriends day. They also had great fresh grilled fish that they bought from an apparently funny little man (they were always laughing when talking to him) that came around on his bike with the fish in baskets attached to the back. Yusuf also does tour guiding and was very helpful and informative to us even though we didn't use his guide services. And when Rita found out that back home I am a cook she invited me into her kitchen to watch and help her prepare our meal which was great.

I would highly recommend not missing this place if you go here.
Bukit Lawang Map