Youth Hostel Piero Rotta

Check Milan Hotel Deals

Youth Hostel Piero Rotta Milan Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
Big, but not Necessarily Beautiful Mar 26, 2009
This is a big and popular Hostel, which is located near the San Siro, so perfect if you are wanting to see the football. It was however quite some distance from the train station and involved an expensive taxi ride across the town to get there.

Facilities were generally pretty good, with a constantly manned reception. All staff seemed fairly friendly, efficient and of course able to speak a number of languages.

Breakfast is included in the price which makes it very reasonable indeed. It is a basic continental breakfast, and you are required to pay for extras. This is served in a functional and large breakfasting room. There are several other communal rooms, but it is sadly lacking any wireless internet connection. There is however a pay as you go internet terminal.

It was fairly clean but not especially clean, the showers all seemed to work adequately well, and did not require you to move around to actually get wet.

It was a bit noisy at night with other hostellers generally seeming to come and go into all hours. I could not blame the hostel for the guy snoring on the bunk below me though!

There seemed to be quite a large proportion of more mature hostellers staying here too, it must be advertised in the right publications for them.
It has a cafe culture.
An uninspiring entrance
Who is on tidying up duty?
Again it doesn't inspire.
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
No worries!
Posted on: Dec 17, 2009
misstravel89 says:
thanks i stayed here in january 2008 but forgot the name!!! ;)
Posted on: Dec 01, 2009
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
You should try it at least once, it is an experience in itself I assure you, I like to make use of whatever digs I can find :)
Posted on: Apr 22, 2009
sabzero sabzero
Cheap youth hostel Jul 15, 2008
Piero Rotta is a youth hostel situated in the northeast of Milan (7 km from the city centre) and about 10 min. away from the subway station.

The hostel is one of the cheapest places to stay in Milan.

Unfortunately you have to share the bathroom (not very clean) and sometimes also the bedrooms with unknown persons.

prices starting from € 19,-

Breakfast is included

The rooms are very spare (only beds are inside) but they offer lockers for free.

Public phones

Parking area

Coin laundry

Near by the hostel you can find a supermarket and a few restaurants and bars.

Attention: A lot of young people stay in this hostel - so it could be very loud during night!

Attention: The rooms are closed from 10 am until 2.30 pm (for cleaning)

Attention: Maximum stay: 14 nights!
yadilitta yadilitta
Not the best one, but ok Jun 24, 2006
Unexpectedly I arrived to Milano before I was wanting, so I was looking for a bed desperately and I found it! If you're looking for comfort and style, this is not the place; however there is a supermarket nearby and also the metro stop is close. It's cheap compared to the other hostels in Milano, so I could say was good value.

Well, it's cheap because is far from the center. I mean, it's not walking distance, so the location is not so good. The rooms are clean and ok rooms. But toilets and shower room were separate. The lockers were outside the rooms, but are pretty safe. Do not forget to check out on time, otherwise they will think you left and take the things you leave in the room. That happened to me with a pair of shorts and sandals, grrrrr!!!! I was lucky, they didn't open the locker with my valuables. That could have been really bad, ufffff.

They serve free breakfast, but this is just ok. What really amazed me and not in a good way is the staff. I found them not helpful at all, a bit rude - at least that was my impression. Not so happy about helping you. When I told them about my stuff, they said it was my fault...

However I had a good time there, because of the people I met. The hostel if full with travelers and young people, who are friendly and fun.

Maybe I'd recommend the place, but I wouldn't stay here a 2nd time.
in my way to the hostel