Youth Hostel Nyibaer

Check Hofn Hotel Deals

Youth Hostel Nyibaer Hofn Reviews

Fabrim Fabrim
Jun 29, 2010
Quite cheap (5900 ISK for a single room one night), a bit far from the bus stop but there are the basic things a traveler needs!
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Decent Place To Stay Jun 30, 2008
Pre TB days :( so no pics of the place. Only since joining this site have I found it necessary to take a picture of every morsel I eat and every bathroom I visit, even my kids do it now :O .

We stayed two nights here and had a great time. Good mix of groups and nationalities, from German Hairy Bikers( who were great company), a French family of 8( who we bump into later as well),assorted couples and individual travellers.

Place was clean, and all bits (crash helmets,waterproofs etc) and shoes had to be taken off and left in the vestibule. Our 'family' room for 4 was ready on arrival and had a private bathroom. Guy who worked there was great and told us the things we needed to know.

We went out the first night to get something to eat, and by the time we got back almost everyone had headed for their rooms and it was really quiet, so we did the same.

Second night we decided to cook for ourselves, and the kitchen was really small. The really bad weather didn't help as eveyone was back at the hostel early, and was more or less wanting to cook at the same time. It was all very amicable and sociable though and great way of meeting people :D

Having been to the supermarket,and bought some beers, we sat in the communal area that night playing cards or chatting to the other guests, particularly the German bikers, as they had done a tour of Scotland and we were able to talk about that and all the places I'd been to in Germany.

Not a party place, which is no great surprise as it's out in the sticks (even for Iceland) and the kind of tourists it will attract. Lot cheaper than the hotels in Hofn, and since it was my kids first experience in a hostel it was really nice way for them to be introduced to the idea. Good place to stay.
Dr_Seuss says:
But oh so true :D Iceland 500 photos, join TB and next 'big' trip to Morocco = 2000 photos :O

A good thing though as you can almost go through every day minute by minute
Posted on: Jun 30, 2012
Chokk says:
Loved the intro "Only since joining this site have I found it necessary to take a picture of every morsel I eat and every bathroom I visit, even my kids do it now :O ."

I have it the same way and my friends think that I am stupid !!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2012