Youth Hostel Meetingpoint

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Rates and Deals

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Amsterdam Reviews

jashariff jashariff
Dirty cheap and the usual nuances that come with it Jan 19, 2014
As hostel bookings go, the main concern when booking a place is the price. On that, this place doesn't disappoint and you'd be hard pressed to find a place that offers a cheaper price for a night.

But for the price, you do make some compromises.

Firstly you can forget cleanliness for the shared toilets are anything but clean and you can easily tell that in between checkouts, your room hasn't really been visited by the 'room service' team.

The staff at the hotel is friendly but stoned. As funny as that sounds, the guy manning the desk for the 2 nights I stayed there was completely stoned each time I crossed his desk so if you want anything in the way of directions/travel tips, be sure to have time on your hands as it can prove to be a long conversation.

The hotel is a tad off from the main center (which I would say is Dam Square), but hey for the money you save on the room, you can easily walk/tram/cycle up the city center.

Conclusion: Pay a little more and get a better hostel or make sure you're hammered by the time you get back to your room to sleep.
El_Forastero El_Foras…
Great place to stay to experience "the tourist's paradise" Apr 05, 2011
I have some pretty good memories of this place. I first showed up at this hostel last summer, right after the Dutch beat Brazil at the World Cup, so the whole area was just one big party. The hostel was completely decked out for the occasion, with a big screen in the bar area where I was able to watch all the games I wanted. Granted, I didn't wanna spend my whole time in the city watching football games, but it was a great way to relax for a bit in the afternoon!

This hostel is pretty much perfectly located, right near the Red Light District, but not in it, so you don't have prostitutes calling out to you every time you step outside. The street its on is full of "coffee shops" (wink wink), as well as cheap and awesome food, so its pretty easy to just never leave that block.

The hostel itself has a cool design, with a great bar on the first floor as well as a smoke room. The beds...well, considering they put as many as 20 beds in one room, I wasn't completely satisfied. Annoyingly, the lockers they have there are actually these giant metal barrels that make tons of noise whenever you open them, so its easy to wake people up at night if you just want to get your stuff. Personally though, I never came back to the hostel earlier than 3 am, so that wasn't a big issue. Which brings me to my conclusion: this is definitely a party hostel. If you're coming to Amsterdam to experience everything you heard about from your friends, this is the place to stay at. If not, and you just wanna see the canals and the Anne Frank house, it still has a damn good location, so I'd recommend it just the same.
Heart of the action
SchpidermaN Schpider…
One of the cheapest in Amsterdam Sep 06, 2009
If you're looking for a place to put your head at night, I'm pretty sure that this hostel can fit.

I've been there many times during my visits in Amsterdam (will be referred as A'dam), and unless you can't find something more decent, or your budget is super tight, then give it a shot.

They got some huge rooms with about 12-20 beds in each, so if you're a light sleeper, you can forget about it. If you come to A'dam to party and getting to bed late, drunk or stoned, and you couldn't care less about noise (snoring, heavy breathing or whatever) - then you're set.

The beds are pretty hard and not too comfy. The bathrooms are not the cleanest for the most part, but if you got some experience with bad hostels (like myself) this is not an issue.

The breakfast sucks, literally. Find yourself a bakery and you're good.

The main pro's of this place, IMO, are the location, which is 5 min walk from the main train station, then you got the Greenhouse Effect coffee shop 50 yards away, and this is one of the best places to meet up fellow backpackers from all over the world, as they got this bar/common room where you can sit and chill, smoke some herbs (or at least you could), drink a few cold ones and just meet new people, which I personally into this whole experience.

So, if you're into cheap accommodations or just like bad hostels (like I do:), but not the very worst, and you wish to hook up with cool people from around the globe - I recommend it. For all the rest, I'd rethink.
alibrown15 alibrown…
Perfect Hostel for Travelling Students Sep 02, 2008
Perfect place to experience the City from! Very easy to find from central station and within reach of so many places in Amsterdam. This is exactly what I wanted and made my trip so much less stressful. I had no problems, and the guys at the desk were always really helpful and friendly.

There is no curfew at this hostel which makes exploration so much more flexible.

They have safe lockers on site for your things for a very small deposit and will let you leave your luggage in a safe place after you check out, so you can still go off and get the most out of your last day.

Definitely would reccommend it for low-budget trips to Amsterdam!

Check Youth Hostel Meetingpoint Rates and Deals