York International Youth Hostel

York International Youth Hostel Rates and Deals

York International Youth Hostel Reviews

eirien eirien
Jan 11, 2008
As the York Backpackers Hostel is currently closed for major refurbishment we chose to stay in the International Youth Hostel.

It's about 15-20 min walk from the city center (Bootham Bar, close to the Minster) and has a car park which was important for us as we were traveling by car.

The atmosphere in the Hostel is quite nice and the stuff is helpful and friendly as most people in England.

We paid about 80 Pounds for a 4 Bed room, but they also have 8 bed rooms which are of course cheaper.

Showers were not too nice, pretty small and we even saw a cockroach but overall it was clean.

The 8-Bed rooms where we stayed first were a little too small and packed for my taste. Another downside is that I just found only one power socket in the room.

Breakfast was pretty good. From the breakfast room you have a view in a small garden with feeding grounds for birds.

We didn't try the laundry room and the kitchen but it was very frequented so I guess it was not too bad ;)

There is also a bar in the Hotel. For people that look for THE party its probably not a good place (but then I guess York is neither ;))- anyway, its a comfy Lounge room and a good place to chat with other travelers. Internet is accessible.

Bike Hire

Averall its an average Hostel, not too bad, not outstanding. Good place to stay if you just need a warm bed and don't mind the walk into town

Check York International Youth Hostel Rates and Deals