York, England Reviews

Sigbj0rn Sigbj0rn
York - history everywhere Sep 18, 2011
I lived here August-December 2002. Very nice city. Weather is not all that bad, York is in a valley and thus saved from some of the rain. No rain until October (almost). Then again I come from the western part of Norway so I can take a bit of rain too.
sarahelaine sarahela…
Dec 29, 2007
I'm putting this up because someone only gave York one star, which I totaly disagree with.

York is a small attractive city in the North of England, and it is a very nice place. Not big, not high rise, probably not the place to go if you want banging club nights or manhattan, but it's lovely.

The three main attractions are the national railway museum, the York Minster, and Jorvik. The Minster is the Cathedral-sized church in the centre that you can see from the railway and it's beautiful. You can pay a bit extra and climb the tower, and there are some interesting bits of architecture from when it burned down in the 1980s and they had to put in new roofing. Jorvik was one of the earliest vistor experiences that had the interactive bits, and to be honest, I wasn't too impressed, but then most people I know say I'm wrong.

The city has one of the best mediaval centres in the UK, with surviving narrow streets and some interesting shops, particularly for jewelry - I'd stick to window shopping though coz it's expensive. There are some nice little museums, a park that is really pretty in summer, and you can walk around most of the city wall and see the remains of the castle.

I had a great night our here, but I can't remember where I went. There is a great French restaurant and if I can ever find anyone who can tell me what it's called I'll post it up.
ZelI says:
Thanks a lot, this really is a truly awsome article! Thanks for the sharing, I also found a useful service for docs merging. So here is my saving grace: AltoMerge helped me to merge and manage files order. Just try it http://goo.gl/U2gXTu, you'll love it.
Posted on: Jan 18, 2016
ajdennis1980 says:
I agree, York is a great city!! You can spend hours wandering the Shambles and other winding streets looking in all the quirky shops
Posted on: Apr 01, 2009
brownh27 says:
I agree with you - I like York, went there last year for my Step-brothers wedding, so didn't get time for much sightseeing but remember it from visits when I was much younger and would like to one day go back for a proper visit
Posted on: Dec 30, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About York, England

6.25.09 Arrive- York, England to Lake District
6.25.09    Arrive- York, England to Lake District   The 6 am ferry wake-up announcement came early.  Really it was 7am our time, but we snagged our coffee/tea/hot chocolate…York , England to Lake District   The 6 am ferry wake-up announcement came early.   Really it was 7am our time…
York, England
The real date of this journal entry should read June 11, 2005 York is a thriving tourist town and among the narrow medieval streets are some of the greatest little shops to be found in all of Englan…York is a thriving tourist town and among the narrow medieval streets are some of the greatest little shops to be found in all of England
York, Leeds, Harrogate
I have to thank my dear friend who lives in Manchester that he inspired, invited (and forced) me to take a break from work and put my traveler’s shoes on once again. I must admit here that I ne…York is located in the heart of Yorkshire , a historic county of Northern England. York is renown for its Roman…

Check York Hotel Deals