Yokyor Restaurant

02 863 0565

Yokyor Restaurant Bangkok Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
Yokyor Restaurant by the river Jan 01, 2011
My first night in Thailand, our ever friendly hotel staff recommended us the Yokyor Restaurant which was located within a tuk tuk ride near our Hotel in Bangkok near the river.

This is dining with an outdoor riverside view. This is an excellent place to visit at night when not entirely hot. Strategically located near the Millennium Hilton, one can enjoy the vast array of seafood and crab offered fresh at the entrance to the area. While I am not an avid sea food eater, I was almost tempted to give into their entrees but I chose the hot wings instead. Eaters beware, that the restaurants version of spicy is red hot spicy.

The wait staff is courteous enough and like many eastern cultures, the customer would have to signal them in order to be served. Westerners must take this into account. I know this, because I had to signal for extra water after eating the hot wings. While the sea food has a wide selection, there is some scarcity of the availability for non-sea food items as advertised on their menu. There were several items not available as the staff returned repeatedly apologizing about the inconvenience. This is my first cheap dining experience I have had in a while.

Customers can be humored by the Thai and English karaoke sang by other customers, intoxicated or otherwise. There is an available machine. The restaurant also advertises itself on a ferry, where eaters can dine on an afloat experience. I can at least recommend it for those who are more into seafood than I am.
Little would I know, my mouth woul…
fresh sea food
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks for the review Ryan, I will always remember to get mild when ordering Thai as I recently had a mouth of fire incident too (although mine was in Sydney.)
Posted on: Feb 27, 2016