Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise

Yokohama, Japan
Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise - Gangsta Turtle
Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise - There Are No Words To Describe How Hilarious This Walrus Was
Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise - Dolphin Fantasy
Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise - Polar Bear Catching His Dinner
Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise - Sharks!

Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise Reviews

ChasingAmber ChasingA…
Sep 10, 2007
I love aquariums and sea parks. They are by far one of my most favorite attractions and I have been to one in almost every country or area I have visited and the Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise is ranked in my top 2 favorites (tied with the Sydney Aquarium in Australia).

This place is huge. There is practically an entire island devoted to the Sea Paradise. You must spend at least one full day here just to enjoy all of the sea life attractions and 2 days if you want to go to the amusement park.

I was able to see the feedings for the Sea Otters, Polar Bears, Walruses, Penguins, and giant Fish Aquarium in about 1.5 hours total. I also got to enjoy the dolphin and pelican feeding (you can feed the pelicans yourself).

There is a great 30 minute dolphin/whale show held at the Aqua Museum Theatre about 4 times a day.

They also feature real sharks. I’m pretty sure they are Tiger Sharks (it’s all in Japanese), but they were full grown and very intimidating.

There is a separate building and Aquarium called Dolphin Fantasy where you can see dolphin feeding and white whales.

Last but not least you must go to the FUREAL LAGOON where you get to interact and touch the dolphins, whales, walruses, seals, and penguins! It was an incredible experience.

You can also swim with the whales and dolphins, but you must make these resevations ahead of time.

My only negative review is that I feel the facility could have been a much nicer habitat for these incredible animals. Some of their homes were a bit small and not anything like their natural habitats.

I reccomend arriving no later than 12:30pm

It is 2700 yen for the Aquariums and Shows or 4900 yen for the Aquarium plus Amusement Park

Excerpt from webpage:

Over 500 different varieties of fish with more than 100,000 sea creatures in all. It is one of the largest Aquariums in Japan. There is an immense three-story aquarium filled with thousands of tropical and fresh water fish. You can travel through an undersea viewing tunnel which takes you through a section of our aquarium which is very popular.
Polar Bear Catching His Dinner