Yogyakarta

Yogyakarta - near Jalan Malioboro

Yogyakarta Reviews

niki1013 niki1013
Browse the market on Jalan Malioboro Mar 12, 2008
Walk through the markets along Jalan Malioboro! You will find some great stuff! You will also find a lot of rubbish.

The good news is its all incredibly cheap!!!! Lots of souveniers, T-Shirts, bags, poorly made clothing, jewllery and other random stuff. I got some great sandals from here for $10,000 Rp!!

There are lots of luggage shops behind the market stalls, convenient for you to cart all your junk home. Be prepared to bargain hard - but always do it with a smile on your face, it should be a fun experience.

Whatever you do DO NOT accept and offer to check out someone's Batik exhibition - it is a scam. If you want good quality batik, do some research and find a reputable place (sorry I'm not sure of any off the top of my head)

If you get tired of the hot and crowded market head across the road to Malioboro Mall with all your usual shops including Polo and Jetty Surf.
Market stalls on Jalan Malioboro
elisai says:
When I go to Yogya, I always put schedule for shopping at Malioboro :-p Very Cheap and like you said, so many interesting stuffs :-p From sandals, batik dress, luggage, etc. Nice info to share Niki .. :p
Posted on: Jun 18, 2008
niki1013 niki1013
Fantastic Cafe that runs great tours Mar 08, 2008
Via Via Cafe on Jalan Prawirotaman is fantastic! While we were in yogya we went on several of their tours including exploring a village outside the city by horse and cart, learning about and making Jamu (traditional medicine) travelling to Prambanan temple by motor bike, silver making class, cooking class and a few others. The tours are run by friendly locals and usually the size of the tour group is just a few people! You must check out Via Via Cafe if you are in Yogya
digitalis digitalis
Mar 17, 2007
an amazing authentic city at the earth of Jawa Island
Jalan Malioboro
near Jalan Malioboro

Related Travel Blogs About Yogyakarta

Missed the flight...tsk!
Well, you read the title alrite.. My flight scheduled to depart in 15.05, it was exactly when I stepped my foot on the airport. Hopelessly I entered AirAsia sales office in Terminal 3 Sukarno Hatta A…Yogyakarta on that day. Next door is Mandala Airlines which just sold their last ticket to Yogyakarta few minutes…
The day we flew to Yogya
Two cities that I always love to visit are Bandung and Yogyakarta. Bandung because it is beautiful and has a lot of yummy foods. Yogyakarta because it has so many friendly people and everything is ch…Yogyakarta. Bandung because it is beautiful and has a lot of yummy foods. Yogyakarta because it has so many…

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals