Yiga Korean Restaurant

(949) 475-0011

Yiga Korean Restaurant Irvine Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
we'll try another Korean restaurant... Nov 01, 2014
Yiga Korean Restaurant is in a cluster of other Asian restaurants; a plus if you don't want to wait long. You can always move to another restaurant that has shorter queue. We had to wait for about twenty minutes to get a table. If only I am not craving for Korean food we could have gone to the next door Vietnamese restaurant.

Staffs are very service oriented -- kind, friendly, accommodating and smiles a lot!

The restaurant's space is very small. Tables are set up too close from the other to the point that other diners will stare at your food when served. :-)

We ordered their beef soup (Galbitang) and japchi. Meat in the soup is not tender so, it was disappointing. The soup itself however is tasty. Japchi is okay; meat is tender. Rice is very good, and I think added are some grits of corn. The different types of Kimchi are mild and crisp. The complimentary barley cold drink is refreshing.

Prices are cheap to Orange County standard but to me it is the opposite. Just the two of us alone (my children are not even with us) we spent more than thirty dollars -- already the normal dining spending in my town for a party of four.

Overall, our experience in this restaurant wasn’t bad at all because of the staff's friendliness but we were there to dine, not to make friends. :-) As far as the quality of our main order? We’ll go to another Korean restaurant. ;-)
façade of the restaurant
busy...busy...I thought it is a go…
refreshing barley drink (look at h…
cotton_foam says:
Brian: apparently, nope! Perhaps, I am just a good "foodie photographer" I guess! lol!
spocklogic says:
A tad expensive - $30 for two. Nice food photos and looks good, though looks aren't everything, eh?
cotton_foam says:
Yunni: you're very welcome, Yunni! And yes, food taste or quality could have been better :) just the same we both enjoyed the experience1

Armand: yep, I agree with you!

Check Irvine Hotel Deals