Yeti Holidays

01-4461252

Yeti Holidays Kathmandu Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
Yeti Holidays to Nowhere Sep 28, 2014
I will consider changing this review if I manage to get some kind of explanation, but I thought very lowly of this company practice. I was referred to Yeti Holiday by my employer to arrange a trip to Bhutan this week. Granted the planning was fairly last minute as I just found out that I have some time off, but still! Most service industries are about expectation management, and this company did not do that well at all.

My experience so far has been that I was given a reasonable itinerary and a very reasonable (all things considered) price. Then the agent who was dealing with my trip disappeared! 4 days went by and I didn't hear anything from him. I started to get worried because my last email included a question regarding the departure dates, and those dates were getting closer and closer (two days from now at this point!). Well, so the end result is I heard back from the travel agent after the hospital staff tried to call him, then his colleague, then the main line and finally got a hold of someone. Turns out that my travel agent took off for China and didn't tell anyone, nor tell me that he would be unreachable and unable to process my request.

So the learning point here? Whenever something is too good to be true, it is. Whenever you want to go to Bhutan -- get at least 3 people working on it.

I am so disheartened. A very cool camping/trekking trip is out the window because a travel agent at Yeti Holidays dropped the ball.

Beware! I would go to their office directly and deal with it that way..not through phone and emails.

Addendum: as I was waiting while our staff member was making all the phonecalls, it turned out that another travel agent at the same agency casually forgot to book a trip for one of my colleagues too. They seem rather flaky.
kayguarnay says:
I know I am shocked. Has never happened before.... I would never write such a bad review, but I really had very poor treatment.. So sad.
Posted on: Sep 28, 2014
jethanad says:
Good to know. I have never been let down by travel agents in Mumbai or elsewhere. Only once in USA, of al the places
Posted on: Sep 28, 2014