Yeti Guest Home

Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal - 4701789, 4700032
Yeti Guest Home - Standard room
Yeti Guest Home - The view from your hotel room... is another hotel room!!! (different hotel though)
Yeti Guest Home - Double room
Yeti Guest Home - Another twin room
Yeti Guest Home - Common shower/toilet
Yeti Guest Home - The entrance to the alley in which the hotel is located
Yeti Guest Home - The alley in which you can find the Yeti Guest Home (and several others)

Yeti Guest Home Rates and Deals

Yeti Guest Home Kathmandu Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Cheap and friendly place Sep 24, 2010
After the bad experience at hotel Moon Light, I searched for an alternative in Thamel. By accident I stumbled upon the Yeti Guest Home, which is a gem amongst the cheapies in Thamel.

The guest home is located smack in the centre of Thamel, yet in a relatively quiet alley off Thamel Road (relatively quiet meaning you can actually get some sleep at some point in the night). The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean enough. I mean, you can't really expect much at 5 Euros for a double with private bathroom, or 3 Euros without, so I was pleasantly surprised at the quality they offer. They even have wi-fi in all rooms!

When I came back to this place for the third time I had made a reservation and I had left one of my bags behind. Yet despite this, they denied me a room. As it turns out having a reservation means next to nothing here, since “people often change their mind”.

So this is a definitely a place I would recommend people to stay, just don't bother making any reservations. Just show up and chances are they will have a room. If not, then find a place elsewhere (see my other reviews, I tested quite a few places in Kathmandu).

The Yeti Guest Home can be a bit tricky to find. It is located in a small alley, opposite the Hotel Mandap, which can be recognised by a huge yellow sign advertising Internet (the alley, not Mandap). There are four or five similar places in this alley, though the Yeti is definitely the pick of the bunch.
Standard room
The view from your hotel room... i…
Double room
Another twin room

Related Travel Blogs About Yeti Guest Home

Day 193: The return of the two bald men
Thanks to the people I met here and/or travelled with: John (Scotland)The trip back to Kathmandu was rather uneventful. In fact, the biggest thing happening was that we actually left on time and made…Kathmandu at 15:30. Unfortunately the Yeti Guest Home turned out to be full. Despite me making a reservation before…

Check Yeti Guest Home Rates and Deals