YesInn Hostel

Hong Kong

YesInn Hostel Reviews

It's A Hostel in Hong Kong Jul 24, 2011
The dorm is teeny tiny, but it is pretty much what I expected based on reviews from Hostel World. I went the ensuite route so I shared a bathroom with 7 other girls as opposed to sharing with an entire floor of people. The bathroom is quite small and had little flying bugs that came from underneath the wooden planks in the shower; but at least the dorm room part looked clean.

The dorm mattress was fairly comfortable and I had a top bunk. The room had really small lockers between each two sets of bunk beds. (You have to pay to use the really small lockers which are basically foot lockers, so you can only store your passport or jewelry in them.) The linens looked clean, but I travel with my own which makes life less stressful, especially after I noticed that the cleaning staff changes the sheet inside the duvet, but doesn't wash the actual duvet. Most of the girls in the room just draped the icky duvet over them, so they didn't even benefit from the clean sheet on the inside. Please note: If you have a top bunk beware of the rafters, if you sit up too quickly you can probably break your skull. The rafter hangs low and forces you to sit slumped on the bed as opposed to sitting with a straight back.

The hostel is conveniently located near the metro, 7-11, a bakery, McDonald's and a post office. My traffic outside was fairly noisy at night eventhough my room was located on the 5th floor. A plus for this hostel is that they offer free internet and there are two computers in the lobby.

The hostel does not offer a common room for people to gather. However, there is a microwave and a refrigerator.

I would stay here again. The proximity to the metro and room cleanliness made it worth it.
Enigmaa Enigmaa
Great location and cheap! Jun 07, 2011
Its not that easy finding inexpensive places to crash in HK, but Yesinn is one of these places. Its well located near a metro station (Fortress Hill, please see the direction description for helo getting there), and its clean and super friendly staff.

The rooms are not big and fancy, but they have what you need to stay in HK for some days.

Only drawback is the lack of a common room, specially if you are traveling alone. But just stay in the dorms, and you'll meet plenty of people as this place always books out weeks in advance. Remember to ask the staff for advice on what to see and do, and they will provide you with a thorough guide of what, where and how. Really helpful when you wanna see it all in a short time!

Try not getting the room right next to the lobby, as this is quite noicy 24/4.

Overall this place is great value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting HK, and cant afford the luxury of the fancy hotels.
The Mansion Yesinn is located in. …
The 5th floor, head left and find …
A twin bed room. Small but comfy. …
walsh07 walsh07
good stay, would always recommend! Apr 25, 2011
Potentially one of the best in hong kong? I stayed in a couple across hong kong, mainly the causeway bay area.

This was by far the best in terms of cleanliness, being modernised/fresh and facilities.

Also providing small but good social areas, good staff and helpful!

Awesome unique bunk beds and very comfortable! possibly the most comfortable ones ive stayed in!
AlexandraQuinton Alexandr…
May 09, 2009
Located on Hong Kong island, this hostel is tucked away amongst the other high rise buildings of Hong Kong's King's Road.

The Continential Mansion, in which the hostel is located, is easy to find if you simply look for the building numbers.

We couldn't check in straight away as we arrived 5 hours early so we left our luggage at reception. When we came back to check-in we were told that we were to stay in another part of the building further down the street. This worked out better as it was closer to the subway station (2 minutes walk instead of 3-4!).

Our double room was small, featuring a table and chair, double bed and an ensuite bathroom which was just a toilet and wash basin with a shower over it. The shower was hot (if you turn on the switch!) and the water pressure is very good. The room was clean, air conditioned, secure and brightly decorated.

It was quiet at night time and the only disturbances came from the restaurant next to our room, which served breakfast at 6am.

The staff were helpful, polite and welcoming.
Hong Kong Map