Yellow Guesthouse

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals

Yellow Guesthouse Siem Reap Reviews

hans_gruber hans_gru…
A great place to base your Temple Hunting in Siem Reap Apr 25, 2010
After travelling through Vietnam for 3+ weeks, when I got to Siem Reap and the Yellow Guesthouse in particular, the peace & quiet kept me there for 10 days.

The place is very clean, the staff are very friendly & helpful, the food is cheap and tasty and I have happily recommended this place to everyone I've met since that is going to Siem Reap.

They have all the facilities you could need, internet, free wifi, free tuk-tuk/moto rides into town (and back if it's not too late), good laundry etc.

My twin room with large beds and fan was only $5 a night but they also have single bed (large) rooms for $4. NB: this is without AC but once you acclimatise you'll be fine. + it's only $4-5...

I was lucky enough to be there during Cambodian New Year and the owner was generously handing out free beers, whiskey & cicadas (Yes I do mean the insects. Yes I did eat one. No I can't say that I'd personally recommend them but hey, you have to try these things at least once...)

As mentioned, the guesthouse is in a quiet area, an alley really but not a dark scary one, and the walk into or from Pub Street takes about 10-15 mins. It was a perfect antidote to the noisy, smoggy cities I'd been to previously.

The tuk-tuk guys were all friendly and were happy to show you a bit of proper Cambodian Siem Reap. They can get you local prices if you go out with them ($5 for 2.5 litres of Angkor Beer can't be bad...)

All in all, I had a very enjoyable time there and (at least while Mr Sarin is running the place) will happily recommend it.

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals