Yellow Guest House/Hello Paradise

#Taphol Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia - (855) 077 789 007/097 7568 007/ 063 690 0297

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals

Yellow Guest House/Hello Paradise Siem Reap Reviews

kellywanders kellywan…
LOVED IT! Great deal! Jun 11, 2010
I have been to Siem Reap 5 Times and have stayed at the Yellow Guest House every time. The people that run it are SO nice and it's exceptionally clean :)VERY CHEAP for what you get! Great for backpackers. As a woman travelling alone I felt very safe and taken care of. Nicest tuk tuk drivers you could ever meet :)
Tannith Tannith
Yellow Guest House/Hello Paradise Guest House, Siem Reap Mar 30, 2008
Please note I have been petioned by the owner to remove this review as it is under new management. I cannot fully vouch for this claim, nor the new service but am happy to add this disclaimer: if it were not for the rough handling I received this would have been a wonderful guest house (see detailed ratings) and may still be.

Terrible service, do NOT stay here! – We hired their tuk-tuk driver to see Angkor Wat and despite being told it would cost $12/day, they tried to charge us $25 for the second day! Although we could understand the extra charge for going to some of the far-away temples, the going rate is an extra $6, not $13.

Following this they then ruined two brand new tops in the laundry by getting bleach on them, and when I returned one monotone olive top to wash, thinking it was still dirty, they returned it literally TIE-DYED pale green and white! Furthermore, when I came to settle the bill I suggested they take $15 off the bill for the cost of the tops and they refused. When I tried to leave they MANHANDLED me back into reception and locked the doors until I paid the $15! Unbelievable!

Additionally it is miles from town on a dirt track in a dodgy alleyway which feels very unsafe as a lone traveler. I am still horrified by the treatment I had here.
Hi !
Dear Tannith ,
how are you today ? My family and me it's fine and enjoy with the khmer new year. In my guesthouse many costumer to stay and enjoy for small party all together with khmer new year.
Best regard
I wish best for you and your trip.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2010
bousarin says:
Dear,Tannith please kindly to Change some word that you wrote Yellow guesthouse/hello paradise guesthouse.I'm Dr.Bou Sarin owner Yellow Guesthouse never meet you before please sending your ID.or E-mail address to me.The Yellow Guesthouse from opening this time receive more 1261pax never people(Guest) talk negative to my Yellow Guesthouse.
I'm Dr.Bou Sarin thank you and Best regard
Posted on: Apr 11, 2010
bousarin says:
Please can you be specific about which hostel you stayed at? Yellow Guest House & Hello Paradise Guest House have been unfortunately 'labelled' together although they are unrelated.
I believe you stayed at Hello Paradise so please can you specify this.
It sounds like you had a horrible time but it's only fair to criticise those responsible.
Posted on: Apr 11, 2010