Yeha Guesthouse

Jeju-do, South Korea

Compare Jeju City Hotel Rates (1.4km away)

Yeha Guesthouse Jeju-do Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Yeha Guesthouse Oct 29, 2012
It's my first time staying in a guesthouse and for the price we paid, I was expecting only a roof above the head. But it turned out to be so much more!

Just 4 minutes walk from one of the bus stops where the Airport shuttle stops. The sign board is quite prominent. There are a few grocery stores, mart and convenience stores nearby.

Lobby Interior:

Excellent! I was very impressed with its cleanliness and brightness. The place is also nicely decorated with pictures of past guests, a map for guests to pin out their nationality, a big billboard to give you some ideas of places to visit, a board for you to pin your international notes (currencies). It's very 'International-Friendly'.

Very clean, well organized, fully equipped, also has a section for 'halal' food. 'Heavy' cooking is not advisable though. Free rice and kimchi. Free bread, jam, egg, tea, coffee for breakfast. Free tasting of Jeju chocolates too. :)

Chill-Out Area:

Comfortable sofa to chill out while reading a book or watch DVDs (international movies) provided by the guesthouse. There's Happy Hour from 7.30pm til 9pm. Each guest can choose one complimentary drink during Happy Hour, which includes juice, carbonated drinks, or beer.

Spacious and comfortable. Interior not as nice as the rest of the other areas at the guesthouse, but acceptable. Comes with LOTS of power sockets so no problem when you need to charge your devices. Equipped with airconditioner, fan, a small tv, dressing table, hairdryer, 'heated' bed, limited hangers, in-room slippers. Not very sound-proof, but there's a separate door between the bedroom to the bathroom and the main entrance, so it's actually quite alright.

Our room comes with an attached bathroom, and it's huge. Comes with toiletries except toothbrush, small towels but good enough. Had problem with the water pressure, but apart from this, everything was fine.

Laundry Basement:

A few washing machines and dryers available so there's not really a queue for laundry. Soap powder and all are provided. Ample space to hang dry your clothes. This is also where guests park their bicycles. Two of them belongs to the guesthouse and can be 'rented' for free.

Free use of computers and internet. Lots of power sockets and international adaptors available even at the lobby area. Free international calls to landlines. Board games as well as Jenga are provided. Booklet and colour pencils are provided for you to unleash your creativity and leave them a message on the guest book. Buy a postcard from them, write a note to yourself, and the Guesthouse will post it to you 1,2,4,6 years later (depending on your choice).

Main door is locked by 11pm. For those who returns late, the door is accessible by password.

Dark and empty, but with 1 or 2 benches. What a pity, otherwise it'll be nice to hangout there too. But perhaps not advisable for security reasons.

Quite alright. Nothing to complain. Receptionist speaks fluent English, Korean and Mandarin (probably Japanese too), and is helpful. But most of the time we don't need any assistance. It's as comfortable as living in your own house (as long as you keep it clean and neat, it stays cozy).

Guests can book tours through the reception.

Welcomes International Travelers and is a great place for different nationalities to hangout and get to know one another.
trippin_jen says:
Thanks for the smiles and comments, guys! Appreciate it....
Posted on: Oct 31, 2012
simsing says:
Such a pretty guest house!
Nice review!
Posted on: Oct 29, 2012
dudutsbubuts dudutsbu…
Hip & Cool Guesthouse at S. Korea's Wonder Island Sep 20, 2012
As a person who only knows English as my primary foreign language, it is such a blessing that the receptionists at Yeha are very well capable of communicating in English. They were even better than those who I spoke to in Seoul. Most signs and directions are in Korean or in native Jeju dialect, so my companion & I really found it helpful that we could ask the receptionists whatever & whenever we need help.

My companion was a girl so we stayed in 2 separate dormitories - 1 for the boys and 1 for the girls. It never was difficult for us to see each other since we basically are in the room whenever it's time for sleep. Whenever we need to talk, we'll just hangout near the kitchen area, where there are plenty of things to do - watch in the flatscreen TV, play board games (chess, scrabble, etc), surf the net (they have designated workstations) and even call abroad for free. However, I wasn't able to call my family since Manila is not in the list of places where we could call to. Aside from that, they have wifi connection for each floor, so you could even surf the net while at your room.

The dormitories have 3 double deck beds, with a capacity of 6 persons in total, but with only 1 bathroom. I was lucky though that when I wake up at around 8AM, all of my companions are already out, so I don't have to wait in line to go to the bathroom. If you wish for your items to be safely kept, they have 1 locker available for each person inside the dormitory room.

You could enjoy a free breakfast every morning but you will have to cook it yourself. They have eggs, ham, butter & strawberry jam. For beverages, they have tea, juice, coffee, and of course, water. What's great was when we came they have an ongoing promo in which guests are entitled to enjoy unlimited beer at a certain period.

Since directions and signs are mostly in Korean, we decided to just avail the in-house tour the guesthouse offers so that it'll be convenient for us to travel. Indeed, it was, but we have to hurry every time since we have to follow a certain schedule. We availed the 2 day tour, and enjoyed a bigger discount since we're staying at their guesthouse as well.

The look and feel of the guesthouse is very tourist-friendly. The hip & cool vibe of the ground floor area made it comfortable to just chill-out and spend time at their guesthouse.

I definitely recommend this guesthouse to visitors of Jeju! :)
Reception Desk
Currencies from all over the world!
jiaxuantan3 jiaxuant…
Very homely, clean and affordable guest house Oct 09, 2012
All basic essentials for backpackers are provided, it feels at home. Room is clean and service was prompt.

There is free wifi, free international call, free kitchen facilities (full range of kitchen ware, free flow of rice, egg, bread and kimchi), international adaptor, board games and books in the common area etc. Besides, there is a free alcoholic drink or juice from the fridge between 7-9pm.

I took the bunk bedroom for 4 pax, which only costs us less than SGD 20 a night, definitely value for money.

Location wise, the guest house is 5 min walk from the main bus stop terminal. Its about 15-20 min bus ride to Seogwipo Area.

Highly recommended hostel.
OdayJosh OdayJosh
Jul 05, 2012
Very Clean, but the water pressure in the bathroom is not function well, have to be patient to take a bath. And also the receptionist are not that friendly. Need to smile more.

Compare Jeju City Hotel Rates (1.4km away)

Jeju-do Map