5 Av. Nte, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Yaxche Playa del Carmen Reviews

Kate_Rach Kate_Rach
Aug 09, 2007
Yummy, Yummy Yaxche. Yaxche (pronounced Jag-shey) serves traditional Mayan food and all of it was delicious. We had a sampler as an appetizer and all the items were great and had a nice kick to them. I couldn't decide what to get so I got the Maya which had Tikin Xic fish (fish fillet marinated in axiote and sour orange and grilled over a banana leaf), chicken Pakal (chicken breast marinated in sour orange, onions and Xcatic pepper then broiled) and Epazote shrimp. All three entrees were good and I would have eaten more if you wouldn't have had to roll me out the door at that point. All four of us agree that this is the best food we had while in Playa del Carmen!
Amandac08 Amandac08
Fabulous food a little dressier than some spots near the beach Jun 07, 2006
Not the cheapest food in PDC but great prices and even better food. I had the Mayitas ($95 pesos which is $9-$10 USD). they were fabulous but I felt a little under dressed having just come from the beach. Being on quinta avenida it is touristy but the food is great and its an enjoyable experience. The restaurant has a very nice atmospther and a large selection of Mayan and Mexican Dishes. The dessert selection looked great. I'll deff. be going there again.

There menu is available on their website and prices are in pesoshttp://www.mayacuisine.com/

Check Playa del Carmen Hotel Deals