Yats Cigar and Port Bar

Manila, Philippines
Yats Cigar and Port Bar - Euro-Asia feel to the decor of this Cigar Bar
Yats Cigar and Port Bar - Armagnac and Cognac with cigars
Yats Cigar and Port Bar - Cheese displayed for selection along with suggested wine pairing
Yats Cigar and Port Bar - The adjoining Yats Restaurant
Yats Cigar and Port Bar - Impressive selection of over 100 kinds of vintage port
Yats Cigar and Port Bar - Sauternes, but I couldn't afford this one

Yats Cigar and Port Bar Manila Reviews

JasonLaw JasonLaw
Cuban cigar,vintage port,Cognac,Armagnac,Single Malt,Cheese Sep 26, 2009
For a land that has a president famous for dangling a cigar on his mouth all the time in public, this city of Manila is certainly short on good cigar bars. And when you find a place that you can smoke a good cigar, they expect you to bring your own or pay a ransom for one of those that they offer and they offer such a pitiful selection it is depressing.

I found one in Clark Freeport, some 60 minutes north of Manila, in a place called Mimosa. The reason I found it is because I played 18 holes in the mediocre Mimosa golf course with a friend who knows his way around that freeport. She brought me to this restaurant that has a fantastic cigar bar.

When i saw the cigar menu, I knew this fish has found its pond. I am talking about 8 selections of Cohiba plus 12 others including Monte Cristo and Romeo et Julieta. What impressed me was they had the fabled Trinidad. How about that?

Prices were higher than retail and I shouldn't complain because the place had great ambience. It wasn't the usual heavy arm-chair kind of decor. this one was a bit more modern, Indo-China feel to it, large chairs that you can slouch in class.

Now here is the real kicker. They serve a great selection of port, LBVs and Vintage Port, some by the glass. I ordered a 1992 Colheita by the glass. When was the last time I had a colheita, not to mention by the glass. this place obviously has a clientele of connoisseurs.

Later on, I was offered a glass of Sauternes from the restaurant manager, a Dutch fellow quite young, name Bastiaan. I grabbed it and ordered a refill.

Food is not served in the cigar and port bar only cheese and dessert. I had both. The dessert was ok, nothing to brag about, apple crumble, I've had better but it went down well with the Sauternes. The English blue stilton really did it for me with the Colheita. I was tempted to go after Vintage port, a 1995 Barros but I thought better and decided to go back another day flanked by a few more drinkers. After all, Port comes with 20% alcohol and so it deserves a bit of resepect.

I know some of you smokers might want to try out this place. I recommend it. I should have had dinner in the restaurant first. The restaurant is called Yats Restaurant, fine-dining for sure. the menu is impressive. I'll taste the food next time.
Euro-Asia feel to the decor of thi…
Armagnac and Cognac with cigars
Cheese displayed for selection alo…
The adjoining Yats Restaurant