Yasuragi Hasseludden

Saltsjo-Boo, Sweden

Compare Stockholm Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Yasuragi Hasseludden Saltsjo-Boo Reviews

Merch Merch
A perfect weekend! Jan 30, 2012
If you are tired of everything, or stressed out or just looking forward to get away for the weekend, this is the place you're looking for.

Yasuragi Hasseludden is a japanese "Spa-Hotel" just outside of Stockholm. When arriving at Yasuragi you get swim-wear, slippers and a Yukata - a cotton robe - and this is what you will be wearing during your stay. Hostesses will tell you about the traditional japanese bathing process which is to cleanse the body and cleanse the soul. The hostess will explain to you how to do this ancient ritual and it is meant to take some time. After your body is clean you will work on getting your soul clean. Yasuragi offers you a big pool where you can take a swim or why not sink into the hot springs? (my favourite :))

Yasuragi also offers many different kinds of treatments and activities. Make sure to check them up before you go there since it's almost impossible to join in on the same day on, for example, the sushi school. You should also book appointments for massages early since they are almost always fully booked.

They have 2 different restaurants; Teppanyaki and Tokyo. I have only eaten in "Tokyo" and honestly, it's probably the best food I've ever eaten in Sweden. If you have dinner here you can choose to take the "avsmakningsmeny" (I don't know that word in english! Hah, but when you get small portions of everything they offer). When I was there I couldn't decide on which starter I wanted so I choose to get 4 small portions of all of the starters and it was all soooooo good. The chefs at Tokyo try to combine japanese and swedish food, and it works. I remember the first time I was there and I ordered sushi rolls. Instead of being filled with crabsticks or fish, it was filled with swedish mushrooms.

Now to the cost of staying here.

It's quite expensive to stay here over a weekend, but sometimes you can find really prices if you check like one day before. But, it's not so expensive if you think about whay you get. Because if you are looking for a weekend to relax, sleep well and eat delicious food, it's so worth it.

If you just want to go there for the day (8:00-16:00) it will cost from 890 SEK/person to 1390 SEK/person depending on day.

Compare Stockholm Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Saltsjo-Boo Map