Yankee Pier

650) 821-8938 or fax: 650) 821-8941

Yankee Pier San Francisco Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Expensive .... Airport food with high flying prices Apr 08, 2013
When we landed in San Francisco we stood through customs. Once finished we had 6 hours before our flight. We decided to have lunch and stopped at the Yankee Pier.

David was busy so I ordered for both of us. I got a large bowl of clam chowder for both of us. ($9.25 each) Also, I ordered Bradley's Caesar salads for us. (9.25).

The smiling and congenial waitress brought us the soups and salads at the same time as we had requested. The salads were romaine lettuce laying on a plate with Caesar dressing and a few croutons. Honestly, to me that is not a salad. It needed to be cut up rather than have me struggle with it at the table. It was pretty. The lettuce was crisp and really very good. But it was a bit of a pain to eat.

The soup was hot and steaming. David put tons of crackers in his. It was really thin soup for clam chowder. It did have good flavor despite the lack of thickness.

As we were sitting talking about our trip David looked over and said the beer looked good. I called the waitress over and requested two large draft beers. We got Anchor beer. When they brought it we were surprised at how large they were. (somehow they didn't look as big on the other couple's table).

We had six hours to kill. We kicked back and enjoyed the time (we left in about 1.5 hours). The waitress was so nice. She kept coming back to see if she could get us anything. She brought us water and brought David a ton of Oyster crackers for his chowder.

We liked the open layout. You could see the cooks at work. Also, they had a huge window that served as the wall and we enjoyed people watching. They had Wi-Fi and quite a few people were on their computers working.

Overall, I would recommend the restaurant although they are on the expensive side (as most airport food seems to be.) The waitress was very friendly and efficient. The food was good although it was different than I expected. We will go there again but we will probably both order salads and split an entrée.
Bradley's Caesar Salad...
clam chowder
David's Caesar salad
Anchor Beer
sarahsan says:
Congrats on todays featured review!
sarahelaine says:
Congratulations on the feature!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!:D

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals