Yank Sing

Yank Sing - Julz and Jillian

Yank Sing San Francisco Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Trendy Downtown Dim Sum May 24, 2008
A few TB'ers got together for Dim Sum in San Francisco and we decided to try the location on Stevenson Street. We planned to meet around 1pm and upon arrival, there was quite a line to get in. The restaurant is not very big so plan on at least a little wait if you come on the weekend. I do not believe they take reservations but do have to go options.

For a party of 5, the wait ended up only being about 20 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. Once we got seated, food started coming out right away. There were so many carts and things coming out that I am not sure of everything we ate, but here are a few of the ones I remember:

- Potsticker: Northern Chinese style dumplings with pork, napa cabbage, scallions, ginger, and toasted sesame oil filling.

- Lettuce Cup: Minced chicken, chinese lop, cheung sausage, sauteed with diced water chesnuts and bamboo shoots, garnished with pine nuts, spring onions, cilantro, served in a fresh lettuce cup.

- Phoenix Tailed Shrimp: whole shrimp with a shrimp mousee croquette encasing, deep fried

- Seabass Roll: Seabass wrapped in a sliver of taro sweet potato, a basil leaf, dipped in a light batter and deep fried

- Stuffed Crab Claw; Light and fluffy crab and shrimp mousee croquette encasing a whole snow crab claw and deep fried

- Scallion Prawn: prawns skewered on a scallion stalk and tied with a strip of lean bacon

I also remember some type of tofu sticks, mushrooms, spicy chicken, and snow crab dishes but cannot describe what was in all of them! LOL.

There were a LOT of dishes from the carts that we did not order but everything I saw passing by looked delicious. The food was excellent but sometimes it was hard to keep up because they were coming by so quickly!!

Overall everything was good but as compared to other Dim Sum places, probably on the more expensive side. All of us had water to drink and with tip, we each paid $35.
Welcome to Yank Sing
Some of our entrees
More of our entrees
Erin, David, Julz, and Sal
patwen patwen
May 28, 2006
I found this dim sum place average and extremely overpriced. The

quality of food was on par with most other dim sum places, although the

decor was cleaner and nicer than most other dim sum places I have been

to. I was extremely surprised at how expensive the meal

was. After ordering the usual fare at a dim sum place that would

cost me $20 for 2 people, my bill came out to be greater than

$40! Definitely not worth the price since the dishes were just

kchong kchong
Dec 04, 2005
Chinese, Dim Sum in SF's Financial districtThe first time I was here was actually for my 2nd cousin's wedding reception - they rented out the place and it was reallllly nice, since the restaurant basically pours into the floor of the Rincon Center, surrounded by waterfalls and a high ceiling. =) The food at the wedding was fabulous - not exactly americanized Chinese food, but rather a western twist on non-traditional Chinese.The second time was for dim sum with my family, and it was a good thing we got reservations (probably the only dim sum place that you would need reservations for) and it was verrrry good. =) They had your traditional dishes, as well as some interesting spins on what would usually be main courses. Their xiao long bao was very authentic (I'm not an expert obviously, but my parents agreed!) and the best I've had other than in China. Very delicate though.Definitely a classy Chinese place that's actually good (I'm Chinese, so I know! lol). Expensive though.

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals