Yangshuo Mountain Retreat
Wang Gong Shan Jiao, Yangshuo, China
www.yangshuomountainretreat.… - +86 773-8777-091
Check Yangshuo Hotel Deals
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Reviews
Perfect choice for staying in Yangshuo Apr 18, 2011
1. The hotel owner hired local people. They are helpful and nice. One staff suffers from a bone disease that makes her difficult to move. What makes everybody loves her is that she is very fluent in English, cheerful, positive and seems that she loves what she is doing. It reflects in her eyes. Very inspiring.
2. They can reserve everything you want to do, either go to the West Street, see the Liu Sanjie Show, hiking, biking, etc.
3. Before I book the hotel, the communication via email is quite responsive.
4. The owner seems has a high green awareness. I note that there is no toilet paper, shampoo and soap made from pure nature stuffs they made themselves, no plastic based stuffs in your room, even the drinking water is stored in 2 stainless steel water bottles! So, perhaps this is a bit of annoying for those who are used to be in an Un-environmentally friendly life. For me, this is a very strong point this hotel has as it is in line with my enthusiasm about being eco-friendly person.
1. They mistakenly assign only 2 rooms for us on the first day which I actually booked for 3 rooms. I didn't realize it because this is a long trip and I booked several hotels in several cities that I forget the details of each bookings. On the next morning, when I review again my plan documents, I found out this mistake. So, after calculating together (hotel staffs and I), they reduce the amount of the unassigned hotel room that I didn't get on the first day.
2. You have to pay half of the staying cost prior to your arrival via Paypal. Because this is the first time I deal with this hotel, of course I have doubts and there is always a possibility that my money is gone to some scam scenarios. But after reading good reviews about this hotel via TripAdvisor, then I have more confident in booking at this hotel and pay the half price via Paypal.
3. After you arrive, they also want you to pay the rest of the amount you spend there in cash. They don't accept credit cards. This is a bit irritating if you stay there for a week and book several rooms, then you have to bring a pile of RMBs in your pocket. I also see they record the bookings manually (with handwriting) in a book (not computerized as applies in normal hotel management). I understand that they want to keep everything as simple as they can. But in my opinion, sometimes technology can ease the problem of carrying a lot of hard cash when we travel. So, to help the visitors, I hope the management can consider the usage of EDC machines for the credit card payment in the future.
First night booked rooms:
2 Riverside Suite-Twin Bed: RMB 500/room/night=IDR 1,300,000.
1 Family Suite: RMB 500/room/night=IDR 650,000.
Second night booked rooms:
1 Twin river view room: RMB 350=IDR 455,000.
1 Family 4 bed river view room: RMB 500=IDR 650,000.
Part of the Lovely Yangshuo and Guilin travel blog
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Related Travel Blogs About Yangshuo Mountain Retreat
Transfer to Yangshuo|
Guilin is actually the city where your plane land but the actual beautiful place you need to see in Guang-Xi area is Yangshuo. At first, I also thought that it's Guilin that becomes our final destina…Yangshuo Mountain Retreat is already waiting for us. It takes 1 hour to get to Yangshuo from Guilin…
Motorized Bamboo Rafting|
Ari Wardani journal: Today's activity focus on one thing: the beauty of limestone karst scenery surrounding Li Jiang River. We booked bamboo rafting package from the hotel the day before. There…Mountain Retreat Hotel to Yangshuo downtown. Morning is different here. The air is pollution free, very fresh, and the smell…