Yad Vashem

Yad Vashem The Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority P.O.B. 3477 Jerusalem 91034 Israel, Jerusalem, Israel

Yad Vashem Jerusalem Reviews

belle_vie belle_vie
Holocaust Museum Jerusalem Jun 26, 2011
Probably one of the most powerful places I have ever visited. The Holocaust happened, its in our past, and many ignorant people still refuse to acknowledge it. No matter which faith you believe in, you should really visit this place. I put the dollar sign because everyone should donate to keep it standing.

I went to Israel on a birthright trip, and I have to say the day we went to Yad Vashem, was the most moving for me. It helps you keep in perspective how many Jews and others were killed in Hitlers regime, and also how precious life is. It gives you a different outlook on your current state of life. It's one of those moments in your life, where you are so thankful for everything you have, every opportunity you are given, and for at least that day, you don't take anything for granted
aloha_athlete aloha_at…
A Must-See in Jerusalem: Yad Vashem Oct 17, 2009
Yad Vashem is the Holocaust Remembrance Museum, located in Jerusalem, Israel. It is hands down the most powerful and brilliantly designed museum I've been fortunate enough to visit. Be ready to feel a heaviness come down on you as you enter the museum, and also be ready to spend a day (minimum) there. Try not to rush through the exhibits, the museum itself is incredibly dense with videos, pictures, Third Reich uniforms and flags, etc. The library and archives are breath taking in depth and intensity. There is also a Hall of Names at the end of the museum in which you can search for family members in the Yad Vashem database. Overall, an amazing experience.
Yad Vashem
travelman727 says:
Great review! I was extremely moved visiting the Auschwitz death camp; we must never forget the lessons of the Holocaust.
Posted on: Jan 27, 2010
merv14 says:
Thanks for the review. The photo of the building is awesome. I enjoy learning about cultures. Happy traveling.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Yad Vashem

To next days we stayed in the amazing city of Jerusalem, 2 full days visiting the city, after that some trips from Jerusalem to the east of Israel (Dead Sea, Massada). Jerusalem is the capital of Isr…Jerusalem became capital in 1950. In 1967 Israel took the rest of the city after the 6 days war. Now the Jews and Arabs live in the city…
We had another field trip yesterday, and went to the Ghetto Fighter's museum which was founded by a group of Holocaust survivors who participated in the Warsaw uprising. After World War II these peo…Yad Vashem (the Holocaust museum in Jerusalem). It was interesting to see the Holocaust approached from the perspective of survivors…

Check Jerusalem Hotel Deals