YHA Whitby

YHA Whitby Rates and Deals

YHA Whitby Reviews

Vikram Vikram
YHA Whitby - talk about value for money! May 21, 2010
I really don't know where to start with the YHA Whitby. Or maybe I do... it's a brilliant brilliant hostel. It's very close to the Abbey, very clean, very quiet, rooms are spacious, and what's more, the hostel is self contained. You have a self catering kitchen that has a fridge, you have a resnt, internet facilities (granted, expensive), a very very helpful staff and a reception that sells everything from wine to crisps and chocolate. Plus, members get a free ticket to see the Abbey right next door. The only disadvantage of this place I would say is the walk from the city centre. You have to climb up the 199 steps to the Abbey which isn't pretty.

The other thing I loved about this place is the quiet. It can be crowded but still feel really quiet. There's a lovely lounge area, which overlooks into a garden which has a beautiful view of the countryside and parts of the harbour, I just loved it.

I don't know if I'll return to Whitby again, but if I do, you can count your bottom dime that I'm coming back here!
In the garden
view of the fantastic English green
The lounge
Hostel taken from the Abbey grounds
Kliffy says:
great sum upon the blogs...just like it dude
Posted on: Jun 18, 2010