YHA St. Pancras

Check London Hotel Deals

YHA St. Pancras London Reviews

breeeeet breeeeet
London hostel Apr 08, 2011
I keep coming back to the this hostel... When u need some comfort and dont feel like sharing a room with 12 people, come here. I was here by myself, and it's not nearly as social as some of the other hostels, but it's clean, comfy, safe, and the location cannot be beaten... U r literally in the center of London next to a tube that goes everywhere, including international rail.

Staff is very friendly and bring a good energy. it's between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds for coffee or tea, and it's usually 25.5 pounds per night in a 4 person dorm. Bring headphones or ear buds bc someone always snores, at least a little. Wifi is 5 pounds per day, or 9 pounds for unlimited 7 day, but it doesn't always work in the rooms. Lobby is awesome and cozy.

U can usually walk in and book, but definitely not on weekends....If u stay here, it sets the bar pretty high as far as hostels go.
QuakerSqueak QuakerSq…
Nov 10, 2007
Phenomenal for a Hostelling international/YHA hostel. So clean, tidy, well-appointed and maintained, ensuite shower and WC. Central to the British Museum, University of London, British Library, and the 3 mainline termini (plus Eurostar) for rail travel. And the piece de resistance? A humongous breakfast all-included in the £24 overnight fee. Ace. 5*.
Vikram Vikram
Aug 25, 2005
I stayed here for one night on 24th August. And the experience was, in one word - WONDERFUL!Before I get on with the positive aspects of the place, I'll run down the -ve bits first.1. Rude receptionists. Very unhelpful. One of them yelled at a lady when she asked him why he closed the kitchen at 10:55pm instead of the stated 11pm. The receptionist that served me nearly shot me for not having the right amount of money (I had to pay some £ 24.30) that I had to search all my pockets to find the change. She said worst case, she'd take my 50£ note and give me the change the next day. I didn't want to take the chance, what if her shift is over and she forgets to tell someone else and I don't get my change?2. The kitchen closes too early. Should be open at least till midnight. Enough for us to say, use the fridge or be able to warm sthg up in the microwave. The whole point of being a backpacker is that we arrive at all sorts of odd hours, and are used to all sorts of meals at all sorts of hours. The very least I was expecting are kitchen facilities if not actual food!3. In the Breakfast area, at least keep forks and cutlery available so that we can eat the food we bring. I had to hunt for a spoon for my yoghurt.Now, the GOOD - I got in from a long train ride from Edinburgh. I had no difficulty finding the hostel it's on the main road itself. It was about 11:15pm when I got in, had to get some takeaway (see my comments above on the kitchen). Got done with my dinner and went to my room. It was simply divine. So spacious, thick walls which means pin drop silence and you can't hear a thing going on outside. Comfy beds, clean bathroom. The room had a nice centre table, and cupboards as well for you to hang your jacket, etc.Another nice thing - along with en suite bathrooms, they also have bathrooms and toilets for the floor itself. I was really impressed.Now, the highlight - the breakfast! Having stayed in 1000 diff hostels the last few weeks, I was expecting the usual bread toast and cereal. But OMG! it was like a 5 course breakfast - scrambled eggs, baked beans, sausages, cereal, fruits, juice, yogurt, toast bread with some 2 flavours of jam, etc. Very impressive. In the last few weeks of backpacking, that day was the 1st time that I had lunch as late as 2pm! The breakfast that morning was that filling.Overall a great experience. I shall come to this YHA I think compared to the Earl's Court one (which btw was also good). keep up the good work, folks!
YHA St. Pancras
dolphindancer says:
This is great. The prices of London hotels look outrageous, so this looks like a good way to go.
Can you share more about Earl's Court YHA?
Susan, California
Posted on: Apr 04, 2006
angie says:
I'm glad you posted this review! I know which hostel I'm going to be staying at when I'm in England...
Posted on: Dec 08, 2005