YHA Queenstown Lake Side

Beach Road, Queenstown, New Zealand
YHA Queenstown Lake Side - Snow top Mountains
YHA Queenstown Lake Side - Queenstown
YHA Queenstown Lake Side - View from across the lake!
YHA Queenstown Lake Side - YHA Lakeside Hostel
YHA Queenstown Lake Side - Lake Waitapu behind Ben
YHA Queenstown Lake Side - This explains the weather, nice and chilly ;P

Check Queenstown Hotel Deals

YHA Queenstown Lake Side Reviews

grimfandango grimfand…
Lovely lake side hostel Nov 05, 2012
Great place to stay, ten minutes walk from the middle of town and a nice walk at that :) Overlooks the lake which is literally the other side of the road. At night you can go and sit by the lake, have a paddle ect for then minutes and then be back in the hostel in less than a minute!

I stayed here for five nights, I was quite lucky and got a single bed yay! a word of advice, if you get the rooms near the stairs try to pick one of the beds furthest away as the stairs can be quite noisy. but in general its quite a quiet hostel :)

Facilities are nothing special, but everything is nice and clean ect.

Definitely going to stay here if I'm in Queenstown again :D
View from across the lake!
sapphireamy sapphire…
Sep 18, 2007
This being the second time i was staying at a hostel as you can imagine i was kinda of preparing myself for the worst, even though a friend of mine told me she had stayed there before... but you always have your perceptions!

My friend Keora had booked us a serviced 2 bedroom apartment for 4 nights, i was expecting myself, keora & my boyfriend to be all in the same room but alas to our surprise there was a double bed in one room and a double bunk in another room, We had a wrap around balcony, own TV, our own bathroom as well as kitchen and we didnt have to share any of it! YAY

To be honest my bleak assumptions were surpressed as we walked around the apartment.

Very friendly staff with lots of helpful tips, With only a 10 minute walk to the buzz of queenstown (which suited us fine as we were all in need of exercise badly!! lol) made the trip even more satisfying.

I highly recommend this hostel if you are in the area and looking for a cheap yet enjoyable stay, And only seconds walk to Waitapu Lake.

Now thinking back i really miss it now even those 3 degrees cold nights ;)..
YHA Lakeside Hostel
Lake Waitapu behind Ben
Snow top Mountains
keorachu says:
Most awesome backpackers I have ever stayed at
Posted on: Jun 18, 2008