YHA Ostello Della Gioventu

YHA Ostello Della Gioventu Rates and Deals

YHA Ostello Della Gioventu Venice Reviews

jackchu58 jackchu58
pretty Feb 14, 2010
Its pretty close to the beach and right across from the st. Marco square, but the water bus will make a big circle and go the other way. Very nice view. it's a youth hostel , so it was not as fun. internet wasnt free and freee breaskfast just tea/coffee and bread. It did save me a lot of money
yadilitta yadilitta
Nice hostel in Guidecca Island - Venice Jun 15, 2006
I stayed in this hostel while I was in Venice. Some people like it and some don't. I enjoyed my 3 day long stay in that beautiful refurbished old building and consider it had a good value.

I booked that online and wasn't aware it was located in Guidecca Island, which is an island outside Venice. This fact has a pro and a contra. The Guidecca Islad is in a great location right across the water from Piazza San Marco square. The pro is the wonderful scenery and the possibility of escaping from the tourist crowds of the main areas, also there's a bus stop "Zitelle" very close. The vaporetto 82 stops there. The contra is that you HAVE TO take the vaporetto everyday in order to visit the rest of Venice. It only takes a couple of minutes, but it costs €5.00 each way.

There is an early 11:30 PM curfew and early checkout at 9:30 AM. You can only check-in after 1:30 PM. If you arrive early - as I did - you can leave your things at the free lockers or at the storage room. The manager - Claudio - was really helpful with me and put my big bag in his office.

The rooms and bathrooms are about average. Take note that guys and girls rooms are in separate halves of the building, there are also separate bathrooms. But there is a large common area with tables and chairs.

The beds are ok, nothing fancy but enough to rest after a long day.

The food isn't amazing. They give you breakfast, which is not impressive - but it's free. I became friend of the manager and people of the front desk, even worked with them one night. So they invited me dinner, which was tasty.

Regarding the amenities. There is no business center where you can check internet. But there's a community center just 3 blocks away, where you have free internet connection and computers, hehe.

The staff is really friendly and helpful, until today I'm in touch with them, hehe. Definitely I'd recommend this place.
the dorms