YHA London Holland Park

YHA London Holland Park Rates and Deals

YHA London Holland Park Reviews

TheTravelApprentice TheTrave…
YHA London Earls Court Apr 25, 2011
This was my first hostel for my three month trip of traveling solo through Europe.

My bed was up on the 3rd floor and there's no elevator so don't forget anything! I learned that the hard way...

I had a good experience socially while i was here. I made a friend from Paris within minutes of arrival. He was taking drumming lessons in London, and after his class we went to watch some bands play at some outdoor pub with another guy from his class which was a lot of fun.

There was another Frenchman in our room who was looking for work and we helped re-write his resume from French to English which was kind of fun!

The staff was quite helpful too, they had some tube passes for sale which are essential for getting around London as the tube is really expensive. You really need a pass for this city.

There are many shops close by including a grocery store at the end of the street not 100 meters from the hostel from what i remember.

Good hostel, and better than most of the HI hostels i stayed at in my opinion. Good place to start a solo travel trip too. I started at this hostel and felt really good about continuing on from here.
My room
London Earls Court Hostel
NickH82 NickH82
Close To Everything For The Right Price! Jun 01, 2009
For my first experience staying in a hostel on my very first Europe trip - this one set the bar pretty high.

Great staff, decent prices and the location is within a 10 minute tube ride of EVERYTHING!

I would highly recommend this location for anyone going to London!
kemartin kemartin
Jul 13, 2006
This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is in a historic looking building at the far end of Holland Park. The rooms do have many people staying in them, but they are very clean and safe. They even provide a storage room to place your backpack in if you don't want to keep it in your room. The guy who checked us in was really helpful and told us all about the facilities and provided us with a map of London which was a great asset while we were here. We were given a room and two bed numbers (being assigned a specific bed is an amenity overlooked sometimes).

Although there is a Holland Park underground station nearby, it is actually easier and closer to come from the High Street Kensington station. Turn right from the main entrance of the station, walk straight until you find an entrance to the park. Cross the road, walk straight and you'll find signs to follow. It is really easy to find, when my friend and I arrived we thought that maybe it was too easy (knowing our luck, we thought we'd never find the place), but once you reach the far end of the park, you'll see the hostel. It was great being so near a metro station on the circle line. This made it really easy to get to all the touristy places and see the sites.

This was a great place for Erin and I to start our journey. Having been to London before and stayed in a hostel, I was pleasantly surprised about this place and would definitely stay here again.
Vikram Vikram
Earl's Court YHA Aug 13, 2005
This was the first hostel I was staying in, as part of my backpacker trip in the UK. I stayed for 2 nights - 13th and 14th nights. I liked the place. Very quiet area, stone's throw from the Earl's Court tube and filled with tons of Aussies and Kiwis - all v friendly and all. Nice atmosphere.

Only -ves I have against this place (mind, lovely place, but in comparison to YHA St. Pancras) are that there was some kind of stale smell in the rooms, the rooms need better ventilation. And somehow the website seemed very misleading to me (or mabye b'cos it's my 1st time in a backpacker's hostel?). Things like "safe provided to keep your things securely" whilst all that was provided to me was the safe and not the keys. Thank God I'd brought my own.

Also the concept of shared bathrooms for the floor isnt such a good idea. The bathrooms arent that well maintained too. One of the bathrooms was leaking and the whole area was wet as a result.

But very nice overall, had a good time and I will definitely be back!

Check YHA London Holland Park Rates and Deals