YHA Llanberis

Check Llanberis Hotel Deals

YHA Llanberis Reviews

mistere mistere
Affordable and very well situated Jun 23, 2011
I stayed at this hostel in 2010 as I decided it would be a good idea to climb Mount Snowdon. After a day out climbing Snowdon in a (rare) day of sunshine, this hostel was definitely what I was looking for!

It may not be the cheapest hostel but when it comes down it you are paying for the location here! I really didn't mind paying for it after the best part of eight hours walking around!

As for the hostel itself, it is really nicely decorated and has a bar and a dining room. The staff were really friendly and the rooms were quite nice although definitely expect bunk beds! The showers and toilets are communal but there was never any problem with that!

I think this is a great place to go after a long days walking and I recommend it to anyone doing the same!
Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
Pricey for a YHA, but in beautiful surroundings Jul 20, 2009
We stayed at the YHA Llanberis for two nights. It was more expensive than I would like for a YHA, ~£20 a bed (the private rooms are a good deal, you pay about the same per bed as you do for a dorm). Still, it was the good clean hostel you expect from a YHA, and in just a picture-perfect location.

The YHA is at the top of a steep hill above Llanberis, about a fifteen minute walk from the town. This is a bit of a pain for going out for a bite to eat, but the scenery more than makes up for the inconvenience, set among the Welsh fields with sheep grazing near-by and mountains rising up around you. When we visited it was very quiet and calm.

For those looking for a cheaper stay, the farmhouse next door to the YHA gives cheap camping permits in their fields.
pyrrho says:
They can get away with £20 as so many people use it as a starting point for Snowdon.
Posted on: Jul 24, 2009