YHA Eco Hostel

Corner Grampians

YHA Eco Hostel Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
A great Hostel to stay at!! Jul 04, 2011
When visiting my brother in Australia I was lucky enough to visit the Grampians National park. Now firstly if you plan to visit the Grampians you have to stay local because everything else is just miles away. Driving along the main road into the Grampians e realised that our hotel wa sin fact miles and miles away from where we wanted to be, so we decided to check out some local accommodation. It was a bank holiday weekend at the time so you can just guess that every where was completely booked up and we were trawling the bnb’s and hostels for a room until we came across the YHA Eco Hostel.

Looking back I don’t think I would have wanted to stay anywhere else and anyone who is thinking of travelling through Australia and will be visiting the Grampians this is defiantly the place to be.

The YHA Eco Hostel in Halls Gap is a stylish, comfortable eco-hostel in the heart of the Grampians National Park. You can rock climb, abseil and explore the Grampians hiking trails, or simply relax in front of the hostel's wood heaters - there's something for every backpacker. The accommodation is powered by solar electricity and utilises green initiatives including solar hot water, rain water collection, recycled greywater and waste recycling to reduce their impact on the environment. You can also work for free at the hostel to earn extra nights in the hotel which I thought was a bonus.

The hostel is clean, lovely looking actually and offers great benefits like board games, eggs from the chickens and really comfortable communal areas. There were loads of families staying there when I was there which was nice, so this one is defiantly one to look into for families on a budget. The rooms as straight, clean and pretty standard and I was pleased with them. The showers were also of a good standard and overall I would really recommend this hostel!
YHA Eco Hostel Map