YHA Auckland City

YHA Auckland City Rates and Deals

YHA Auckland City Reviews

derekbilldaly derekbil…
A Haven From The Drunk Lil Kiddies Feb 09, 2010
This was my first hostel I stayed in Auckland but a few months later I would stay here for almost 2 months.

The reason I originally left this hostel was that is seemed to be too quiet, I neglected to realise that I was here on a Tuesday.

In all honesty, this is a pretty good hostel. I would give it 5 out of 5 alone for the superb kitchen which was large enough and well stocked so I never had trouble using it. Also my food was never robbed there perhaps except for the usual drop of milk for tea. When living on a shoestring it is a right pain if your food gets ravaged every time.

I met some great people here which led to plenty of fun in the common area. The tv room, while small was excellent for the late night / early morning games during the World Cup.

The rooms were perhaps the highlight of hostels in Auckland. Most rooms had single beds rather than bunk beds. This really helps maintain a feeling of normalacy (is that even a word??)

It is a very busy hostel as it is very easy to get to from the airport as the bus stops just round the corner. Be sure to book in advance or if you wish to stay awhile, always book ahead of the next pay day.
Me & Tommy The Gunn Celebrating Mi…
Some Of The Local Residents