Y-Loft Hostel Hongkong

Y-Loft Hostel Hongkong Rates and Deals

Y-Loft Hostel Hongkong Hong Kong Reviews

MingWaiZoe MingWaiZ…
good location, near the subwat May 10, 2011
The location is good, near the subway, bus stop.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Check in, check out are quick.

The price is reasonable, affordable.

the room is very clean and tidy.

Besides, close to the mall and restaurants.
StarvingVegetarian Starving…
The most comfortable HK experience. Jul 01, 2010
I found this place through an online search after being fed up with the daily Chungking gang of the Indians and Africans who constantly barraged me with their desperate offerings of cheap knock-off Rolex watches, dirty hostel accommodations and custom-tailored suits. Chungking Mansion is ancient and not only welcomes low-budget travelers but also many cockroach species. From small ones to big ones, and to even bigger ones, you'll find that you're always in good company. While there may be some good hostels, among the breadth of bad ones in Chungking Mansion, the odds are certainly against you. It's not the kind of place you want to take the kids to after a day at Disneyland however great if you are a militant father looking to teach survival skills.

So that was just me saving you from what could have been your worst experience ever. You can thank me later.

Y-Loft is on the 12th floor in a new complex called Youth Square and is situated 15 minutes from downtown HK via the MTR. Take the MTR to Chai Wan station and look for the Youth Square exit. You'll have to gateway through the main shopping centre, New Jade Garden, to get it.

So after my experience at Chungking Mansion, I felt that anything would be a step up and with Y-Loft, it was a huge step up indeed. Upon arriving, I was greeted with 3 youthful, overly happy girls in cute pink uniforms. Very professional! (To give you a bit of contrast, at Chungking Mansion, I was greeted by, with the door hitting his head, a black guy, sleeping on the floor at the reception desk. lol)

While I only required one bed as I traveled alone, they only offered double-occupancy beds. I opted with the dream suite with two beds and a balcony. Paid $400HK=$50US

Making my way to the room, I felt like I was entering the back of a restaurant kitchen. You will have never guessed what door to enter to if it weren't for the paper sign that read, "For Y-Loft Guests Only". Once in the room, I found everything I can hope for in a room - comfy beds, a flat screen TV, sanitized toilet and shower, all of which you'll find none of if you were in any of the hostels at Chungking Mansion.

Overall, my stay at Y-Loft was perfect from check-in to check-out. The staff were above and beyond with their exceptional English, knowledge of HK tourism, and just made it easy and comfortable. They even noted it was my birthday a few days in my stay and gave me a quick birthday greeting call.

This will probably be my best experience in a hostel for a long time to come.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Regards,

Jason

Pros:

-super clean and professional

-very spacious (the room, the main lobby, the hallways, and even the elevator!)

-accessible fitness gym, bar, common area, and laundry mat

-shopping center and restaurants nearby

-amazing value for what you get

Cons:

-the price my deter the average backpacker with no single bed or dorm option though it's certainly a great value for families and couples!

-location may be further away from the city core but it's not really an inconvenience. It's more like a retreat with a super train back to the city at your doorstep.
Comfortable sized beds
The Sony TV where I watched cartoo…
Youth Square
Separated toilet and shower!
vodkaphix says:
Hong Kong here I come!
Posted on: Oct 05, 2010
ely1027 says:
jason, is there an overnight bus to y-loft?
Posted on: Aug 17, 2010
gregisco says:
Sounds like a good hostel
Posted on: Jul 02, 2010
ely1027 ely1027
Better than expected Sep 07, 2010
We arrived in Hong Kong late at night but we had no problems getting to or finding Y-loft. It is a long trip via MTR because the hostel is at the very end of the MTR Island Line (about 1 hour travel in total from airport). The hostel is linked to the MTR via a footbridge through New Jade Mall (Exit A).

There was no problem checking in. The staff at the 24-hour reception was friendly and accomodating. She also spoke English fluently. The room given to us was located in the Hostel block, open type design, with separate shower and toilet.

We were pleased with the LCD TV because it had channel playing English movies. Other amenities in the room include towels, hair dryer, tea kettle with ceramic mugs, and bar fridge (no complimentary bottled water though). There is toilet paper, hand soap and some sort of shampoo dispenser in the shower. We brought our own toiletries but it's all right if you don't, there's a nearby 7-11 about a minute walk from the hostel where you can also buy snacks and bottled water.

The hostel does not provide an adaptor for free (the hostel sells it for 50HKD!) so you'll have to bring one. We bought one in Tsim Sha Tsui for 8HKD the next day.

There's also a gym and a laundromat although we didn't use these facilities. As guests of the hostel, we were given 10% discount on Ocean Park tickets. Just ask for the discount coupon from reception. You can only use the coupon at the ticket office in Ocean Park though. We were very happy to save 50HKD on the tickets.

Our room was cleaned every day we were there. The hostel also provided clean towels upon request (putting your used towels in the sink) and change the linens on the bed upon request (placing the sign on the bed).

The beds were a bit firm but that's to be expected in Hong Kong. At the end of a tiring day's tour of Hong Kong, coming back to a clean and quite room is a pleasure.
not so tiny room. pardon the mess.
separate toilet
separate hot and cold shower
sink area

Y-Loft Hostel Hongkong Overview

Location
Located on Chai Wan Road, the Y-Loft in Hong Kong is within walking distance from the minibus and bus terminals. This property has Hong Kong Museum of History, Chi Lin Nunnery, Victoria Peak, Lamma Island, Ngong Ping 360 and Law Uk Folk Museum in its surroundings.

Rooms
This hostel has an array of comfortable accommodation units that are designed in modern style and well furnished with modern comforts.

Restaurant
Guests at Y-Loft in Hong Kong can enjoy fine dining experience at the onsite Y-Mart and Food Mall. For dining pleasure, guests can also visit any of the area restaurants to relish delectable dishes.

Y-Loft Hostel Hongkong Amenities