Xu Restaurant Loung

www.xusaigon.com - 84 8 3824 8468

Xu Restaurant Loung Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

naiveblackangel naivebla…
Pricey Aug 10, 2013
I ordered two appetiser including a crab soup and crab cracker. The soup was bigger than I expected and also more tasteless. The only thing that saved the soup from a complete disaster was the fresh crab. Unlike most crab soup I have ever eaten, the crab here was probably alive when the chef cooked it. The cracker was tiny and unsatisfying. I will not recommend the dish. For main course, I picked prawn with mango and pomelo salad. The 4 prawns were cooked and seasoned perfectly like at the Skewers restaurant. I also had two glasses of Chilean wine. The meal set me back $55. The restaurant upstairs was fabulous, very romantic, quiet. It's something you come for a special occasion. Overall, I think it's overpriced and overrated. The restaurant also has tasting menu with 5, 7 and 10 courses. I don't think it's worth trying. The staff don't speak very good English and kinda made me uncomfortable by eyeing me all the time. The way they presented the food make it look like delicacy but the taste makes it just above average. Definitely it's not something I rave about and crave for. I think I wasted my money there.
Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Suitable for a last night in Vietnam Nov 24, 2009
We had a pack of Vietnamese Dong left, so we decided to splurge in one of the hottest places in town: Xu restaurant.

The look and feel of this establishment is beyond fancy, it’s very stylish and modern, yet not too uptight. We came in wearing our regular travel outfits and in every other restaurant we’ve been to in Vietnam (maybe even in all of Asia), the staff would seat us upfront, so that passers-by can see that western people are eating there. Yet at Xu, we were silently directed to a place in the back, which we ourselves found hilarious.

The food is to die for, that’s all I can say. It’s perfect. The menu mostly has international and fusion dishes and there are good vegetarian options. Needless to say, all this perfection comes with a hefty price.
savoury says:
Great blog, got loads of ideas now :) Going alone in September for 3 weeks, and made a note of some of the organised trips. Make it up as I go along but nice to have an idea.
Thanks :)