Xiqiao Mountain

Nanhai, China

Xiqiao Mountain Nanhai Reviews

Fayemin Fayemin
Up to the Xiqiao Mountain Aug 12, 2008
Foshan City is known as the Textile and Furniture City. I never thought that there is such a nice scenic spot near Foshan City, Guangdong, China. When I was brought there on a weekend, I was so glad to have joined the group. It was a break from boredom during my assignment in Foshan.

It took us around thirty minutes going to Xiqiao Mountain from Shunde. Xiqiao Mountain is such a big place to cover in one day. One can rent a small van to go around Xiqiao for around RMB 30. A Filipino expat brought us to the famous tourist spots there...the Guanyin Temple, the White Bamboo Garden, and the Wushu Hall.

There was a small hidden spring which people believe in its power to heal illness or beautify one's skin.

Another catchy place was this small stall selling sweetened tofu or soya which was really good!

In the afternoon, we rushed to the Wushu Hall hoping to get a good spot for the martial arts performance. A group of boys did the lion dance and the fantastic circles of martial arts. We could hardly catch our breath as those kids jumped into the air waiting to be caught by the other kids on the ground with their feet upward. What an artful, skillful show!
Xiqiao Lake
Bamboo Garden
Guanyin Temple
big bell

Compare Foshan Hotel Rates (2.7km away)

Xiqiao Mountain Map