Xinjiang Grand Hotel Urumchi

168 North Xinhua Road, Urumqi, China

Check Urumqi Hotel Deals

Xinjiang Grand Hotel Urumchi Urumqi Reviews

portia portia
When was the last time you had to pay for a broken glass in a hotel? May 11, 2008
Well I was told this used to be a 5 star hotel, but now is only 4 star. It's in a tall building on one of the main streets in Urumqi, the staff was friendly enough, and responded quickly to any calls I made to them. The room I had had a view of Red Hill and had a nice piece of rug. There was a sign however saying that the rug cost 3800 RMB and that if they found any cigarette burns you will be charged the full amount! On the 2nd day half asleep I broke a glass in the bathroom, that evening when I returned there was a message on the phone. I called for the message and it was the hotel asking if I did break the glass, and that it would cost me 16 RMB! Hmm, can you put it on my room charge? No, you have to pay NOW! cash or credit card. That's definitely not 5 star service, not even 4 star. And that glass was not worth 16 RMB, but I went down to the cashier and paid it anyway.

The room was clean and bathroom was modern, the bed was comfortable. The restaurant breakfast buffet was abundant and had good variety, there was a chef there to cook you eggs and noodles on order. A free non-alcoholic drink voucher was offered as I checked in. Internet in-room was not free, but was a good price. Business center price cost a little more. My room cost 531 RMB per night which I thought was more expensive than it should be for what's offered. But Urumqi is a big city you probably can find many hotels of equal or better value. I will not stay here again, however.
Exterior of the Xinjiang Grand Hot…

Xinjiang Grand Hotel Urumchi Overview

Meeting top international standards, all the hotel's 360 rooms are fully equipped and nicely decorated. Arrangements include Standard & Superior King, Standard & Superior Double Queen, Executive Two & Three Bay Suites, and a Presidential Suite. A full non-smoking floor is available. All rooms are fitted with smoke detectors, color TV, Satellite and movie channels, mini-bar, and air conditioning and heating. Handicapped rooms are also available. For business travelers, there is an advanced business center providing a full range of secretarial services and different sized conference rooms which are ideal for meetings and parties. Three superb restaurants offer elegant ambience and dining with traditional Muslim specialties, Cantonese and Sichuan cuisine and International cuisine. You can also treat yourself at Unicorns Lobby Bar or take in the view at the Skylight Lounge. Banquet and meeting facilities seat up to 250 persons. Six private function rooms with seating for up to 40 with A/V equipment are available.

Check Urumqi Hotel Deals