No. 246 Shangdong St., Chengdu, China

Check Chengdu Hotel Deals

Xin Liang Hotel Chengdu Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Hotel Close to Chunxilu in Chengdu Nov 14, 2013
The Xin Liang hotel is located on Shangdong Street, very close to Chunxilu shopping district, which is the most famous commercial pedestrian street in Chengdu, consisting of hundreds (more than 700) shops including shopping malls, department stores, supermarkets, boutiques, as well as cafes and restaurants. So, in terms of location for such things nearby, you can't beat this, and it's only a short walk and across the overpass walkway above Shangdong Street from the hotel. The hotel itself is 28 floors with 345 rooms that look fairly up to date for the most part. The hotel entrance is on the ground floor, and reception on the 2nd floor.

I get the impression this hotel is not really for westerners and I only saw one other there during my stay. It's mostly for Chinese tourists and businessmen, and the courtesy newspaper is in Chinese only, no China Daily in English like you might find in hotels that cater to westerners too. Most of the staff don't speak English, but there is a floor manager in reception named Nancy who is fluent in English, very nice, personable and accommodating. It's never a bother to me when staff do not speak English, and can usually get my requests understood in other ways. It's a source of frustration for some, so I mention it here.

The welcome speech on the hotel web site is sort of humorous: "It’s my honor to welcome you to lodge at Xinliang Hotel. With 'individualization service based on standard' and 'scientific & precise management', we take 'make every guest comfortable, convenient, safe and secure' as our pursuing goal. Here, you will get unforeseen warming welcome besides of high-grade facility. Your every request will be met; every moment in Xinliang is filled with joy and happiness. I ensure that you will have one kind of feeling when you leave: the content is equal to its value. Thanks for your support and concern!" Well, it's a nice sentiment and mostly true perhaps, but a bit over-the-top maybe. They do make the effort though!

Overall, I'd say I enjoyed my stay at Xin Liang Hotel. There is wi-fi in the rooms, plenty of bottled water, courtesy newspaper (in Chinese) and breakfast with the room. I hate to judge the breakfast as it's not really the kinds of things I eat in the morning, but there is enough here to find something you like. I generally stuck with the bacon, sausage, eggs, porridge, and pastries, which was ok, but only of average quality I thought. Maybe the rest of the stuff I didn't try was better and more likable for Chinese diet. I had two different rooms on my stay here as I had an adventure to Emei mountain in between, so offer photos of both rooms and the views that went with them.
Xin Liang Hotel
Breezeway to car park & entrance
spocklogic says:
True - It is very Utopian, eh? Glad you enjoyed reading this review!
Travel2014 says:
The website welcome speech sounded like something off of a futuristic reel. "Welcome to paradise..." lol

Enjoyed reading this :)
spocklogic says:
It helps to have connections like that, and saved me some money for sure during my stay there

Check Chengdu Hotel Deals