Xi'an Bell Tower Youth Hostel

Check Xi'an Hotel Deals

Xi'an Bell Tower Youth Hostel Reviews

oceans2001 oceans20…
Great value in Xi' An Aug 12, 2010
The hostel has a great location directly across the street from the Bell Tower in the center of the walled city. The staff was very helpful and most of them spoke reasonable good English and a few seemed to speak at least a little of some other languages. The rooms were really cheap, about $8 a night. The building itself is a bit run down, but the rooms were clean and spacious for a hostel. The internet connection (wifi) in the reception/restaurant area was very good. The one thing that bothered me a bit is the restaurant/reception area was very smoky. There was a really good mix of people there from all over the world and easy to strike up conversation. I booked two tours from the hostel. The one to the Terracotta Warriors included several other stops including a fairly expensive (55 Y) restaurant for lunch. I would skip the tour and just get the long distance bus from the train station to the Terracotta Warriors. The second tour was to Hua Shan (Mt. Hau), one of five sacred peaks in China. While I enjoyed Hua Shan, the tour operator was really cheesy and did not speak English even though the hostel’s ad for the tour indicated that it included an English speaking guide. The Ad also said no shopping, but we stopped twice on the way, the second time just outside the park where the tour operator ushered us into another relatively expensive restaurant. I walked out of the restaurant and waited for an hour while the tour guide ate lunch. He would not give us our park entrance tickets so we could spend more time in the park. I would recommend organizing your own overnight trip to the park and stay in a hostel on the mountain. It will cost you less and you will have more time in the park.

Check Xi'an Hotel Deals