Xaman Ek Retreat & Spa San Pedro

Check San Pedro Hotel Deals

Xaman Ek Retreat & Spa San Pedro Reviews

chris-in-sf chris-in…
Peaceful, funky beach resort on northern Ambergris Jan 16, 2010
Ambergris is an expensive place, no doubt about it. Quite frankly I don't find you get your money's worth anywhere here, but I was determined. I found Xaman Ek due to bargain hunting and wanting to find a resort type beach place we could work into our tour of Belize.

Things are slow there right now, and they had a 1/2 price offer up. For half price, it's a real nice deal, (I don't know if I would pay full price and go back.)

Mike the owner is super nice and takes care of all the guests. They have an onsite restaurant and spa, and an on-call divemaster to take you diving, all of which we used and enjoyed. They also have a game room with a small TV and pool table, which would be useful if it's raining.

Dive instructor Steve really helped us out by "refreshing" the resort dive course with my girlfriend. He only charged us $100 for both of us for a dive plus her refresher. So then she was able to go dive Half Moon Caye the next day and that was thrilling for her.

The nicest thing about it is the peace and quiet. You are far up the coast from town (12 minute boat ride) which is either a good thing or bad thing depending on what you are looking for. Cleaner beach, quieter, Mike also says they get less rain in the north.

We had a great 3 days here.
the gf relaxin at Xaman Ek
travelman727 says:
Great review, Chris! Thanks for the heads up on Xaman Ek Retreat :-D
Posted on: Jan 27, 2010

Xaman Ek Retreat & Spa San Pedro Overview

Located five and a half miles north of San Pedro Town, Xaman Ek Retreat and Spa radiates serenity with a perfect balance of tropical beauty and peaceful ambience. Pronounced shaman ek, the property is looked upon for guidance and direction and is the goal of the property through massage therapy, spiritual exploration and traditional Mayan healing to help guests connect their soul to the constellation of their inner most well being. Here is where you may stay for an hour, a day or for days on end, relaxing and being pampered until you have had your fill.

Xaman Ek Retreat & Spa Amenities