TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 686,613 travelers just like you!

X_Drive
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Roger
Location: Visalia, California, USA
Join Date: April 27, 2006
Contributions: X_Drive has written about 1,567 places, shared 23,862 photos, left 228,113 comments, and smiled 226,954 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
San Pedro, California, USA
Jul 6, 2042 – Jul 6, 2042
Going to my hometown for my 100th birthday
Iceland
dream destination
I'd really like to see the Aurora (Northern Lights) and this seems to be the best place.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, enough Spanish to get me in trouble, I'm having trouble learning Canadian. What's this "aboot" thing??, I can smile in every language on earth!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I remember one time, when I was extremely young that stands out in my mind. I had been lying around in a nice warm place, kinda just chillin, not even watchin TV or playin video games or nothin, when all of a sudden the place began to tighten. Not all the time, just once in a while. At first it was like a little extra hug. It would hug me, then go away. Then a few minutes later do it again. It seemed to go on for a long time, maybe even hours. I was pretty young so I had very little sense of time. Then the warm fluids around me began to leave and I thought, "Wow, the pool has sprung a leak!" I didn't panic though, cause it was still warm and cuddly in there. Then the tightening got harder and a bit longer, it seemed like the walls around me were forcing me to change position, like they didn't want me around any more. Strange, cause this had never happened before. I could hear people outside talking and doing things that seemed a little more rushed and excited than usual but still it didn't phase me. It continued for quite some time and slowly I began to move. I was getting real hugs now. They seemed to gather around my legs and lower body and just wrap tighter as they came up over me. Boy this was cool. I had never felt this much hugging and squeezing in all my life. By now I had moved from the big room where I had spent all my time before down into more of a narrow hallway area and I couldn't tell where it lead. But then I could hear more noises, somebody was breathing very heavy and fast and then I'd feel another squeeze and hug, and I'd move a little farther down the hall. And then I felt a little bit of a chill on the top of my head, like the warm wall wasn't there anymore. I heard some guy say, "Here he comes!", or something like that. Then I felt one more nice tight squeeze come over me and all of a sudden the lights came on and somebody grabbed me by the feet and held me upside down and spanked my ass! Ouch! Life hasn't been the same since! :D
Profile
"You can live to be 100 if give up all the things that make you want to live to be 100." -- Woody Allen

"I've never met a weekend I didn't like" -- X_Drive

"A cruise is a good way to diet! But only if you are dragged on a rope behind the ship the whole time!!" -- X_Drive

"When you pray for money, may the "gods of gold" smile down on you, but not enough that it bruises your head or leaves a concussion!" -- X_Drive

"Without a chocolate cake, there is no reason to have a birthday!" -- X_Drive

"Just enjoy life a little more than the law should allow and share it with someone!!" -- X_Drive

I see many members saying they want to meet new people. Well, I'm NOT a new people. I'm an old people! -- X_Drive

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there, except the deadend!!" -- X_Drive

"No matter where you go, there you are, unless you made a wrong turn, then you're somewhere else!" -- X_Drive

"Growing older is mandatory (unless you consider the awful alternative), but growing up is just wrong!!!" -- X_Drive

Yogi Berra once said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it!" I think thats a great idea because you also might find a knife and spoon and you'll be ready for dinner!

I retired in 2005 and look forward to spending more time traveling, sightseeing, and enjoying the wonderful places I have not yet had the chance to see.

Since digital photography began I have become a hobbiest. Now on my third generation camera, I am still learning, shooting everything and sooner or later I am bound to get a few good pictures. And now with Image Stabilization they aren't so shaky. :) Also, I find Photoshopping some of the pictures make them a little better too!

I just love to "fix" photographs, removing or adding people, changing things and more. Shucks sometimes I even work on my own shots. :D

My Life Motto is: A Smile a day just isn't enough! The more smiles the better!!

Paulovic says:
You're welcome! :)
Posted on: Jul 07, 2017
spocklogic says:
You're welcome, Roger and hope you had a great Bday!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2017
X_Drive says:
Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes!!!! :D
Posted on: Jul 06, 2017

X_Drive's Travel Blogs

Gold Country 2017
Apr 30, 2017
Several day trips to the small "Gold Country" towns in the hills and lower mountains towns of central California that were crea…
Overview 310 words 107 4 32
Feb 07, 2011 – Apr 17, 2017
More photos that I have found that needed a little attention or I was asked to change.
Overview 3,059 words 50 70 195
This blog was featured on Tuesday March 20th, 2012
Early spring in 2017
Mar 08, 2017
A quick day trip around the valley. Mainly to get a few pics.
Overview 292 words 25 3 44

X_Drive's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Hanford, California, USA
This is an old fashioned ice cream parlor if there ever was one. Opened in 1929 in downtown Han…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Asheville, North Carolina, USA
This slightly older two story facility has 53 guest rooms and boasts a free wireless high speed …
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Vonore, Tennessee, USA
This very nice museum with many displays and areas to go through along with a nice sized gift an…
Updated 4 months ago