Wymie's Bar

South Washington Street, Tiffin, OH, USA

Wymie's Bar Tiffin Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
The first of many. Aug 17, 2007
WYMIE'S IS OPEN AGAIN UNDER A NEW NAME, BUT SIMILAR MENU AND PRICES.

This was the first place Dad took me to for our “lunches” in Tiffin. If you’re at Wymie’s, order a salad. They’re very good. My chef salad is LOADED with yummies (ham, peppers, egg, cheese, lettuce) and has always been fresh. They have a nice selection of dressings as well.

When I’m not eating a salad, I’m having a burger. While my burger has never been bad by ANY means, it’s a regular bar-burger with regular bar fries.

Wymie’s is probably what I would call the most “townie” place to eat. The one waitress knows everyone who comes in the door. Occasionally you’ll hear an order or question being shouted out of the kitchen, and there’s always a neat little local news bulletin on the tables. While it is a bar with older tables, some ripped chairs and bench seat, and a darker “bar” atmosphere; it’s a clean, friendly, nice place to eat. There’s plenty of parking in the back if you can’t find a parallel spot out front.

Wymie’s is my “old standby” when I want something familiar that I know is going to be quick and good! It’s definitely worth a try! Prices are reasonable for the amount and quality.
bkretzer says:
Too bad! It sounded like a nice place!
Posted on: May 26, 2009
LatitudeAdjuster says:
That is really sad. I liked Wymie's too. A sign of the times, maybe?
Posted on: May 12, 2008
PhinsAndGills says:
I'm SO SAD! I went to eat lunch at Wymie's on 3/26/2008, and they were all closed up. The sign was gone and they look pretty deserted. :(
Posted on: Mar 26, 2008