United States

Www.Hotwire.Com Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
I love it and I hate it! Feb 06, 2010
When I first found www.hotwire.com I thought it was the best trip website ever. I got myself some great prices for stuff during my second trip to South America, but after I had more experience with the site, I started to see its drawbacks and now I am sharing them with you guys.

I haven’t had any problems booking flights, because I have always used the rates for when you actually know the company and the time of your flight, not the “blind” options (usually a few bucks cheaper). But I have used their “blinds” for hotels and car rentals, and usually I didn’t have problems until recently.

We used hotwire when going to see Muse/U2 in Dallas and all we wanted was a cheap hotel near the Cowboys Stadium. The site gave us some really good price, but the hotel was nothing like I was expecting. It gave us Candlewood Suites, a hotel that I have nothing to complain about with the notable exception of their strict “one bed” policy! I wish hotwire would have picked a Motel 6 but there is no way to even hint what is what you want.

Then, I was always very comfortable with their car rental choices, until it gave me “Avis” of which I have already made a review, so I am not sure if I will use it again! Being Avis among the choices, I am not really comfortable booking blindly anymore.

So, I really got mixed feelings for this website, I think I will start looking for other options for bookings.
montecarlostar says:
I think you are right Vikram! The deals that Hotwire offers are not worth the pain. I think what do you for booking flights is a smart idea. I will try that from now on.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010
Vikram says:
It's a horrible website and really offers nothing more than the other Expedia, Travelocity, etc. websites. I normally search on such websites for deals, but when I get a deal, I go to the airline's website directly and book the flight.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010