Wu Tong Mountain

Shenzhen, China
Wu Tong Mountain - Locals taking in the view from the top
Wu Tong Mountain - I liked their street lights, which were powered from wind turbine and solar energy.
Wu Tong Mountain - Lots of steps!
Wu Tong Mountain - View from part way up
Wu Tong Mountain - The port area. You can probably just make out the Minsk, Russian aircraft carrier.
Wu Tong Mountain - The not so great view of Shenzhen from the summit

Wu Tong Mountain Shenzhen Reviews

spurner spurner
Best thing I did in Shenzhen! Apr 10, 2011
Wu Tong mountain is about 947metres tall and the tallest mountain in Shenzhen. If you have a day fre I thoroughly recommend to climb it. There is a sealed road which you can walk up about half the way, then there is a sealed path/concrete steps the rest of the way up. I heard it takes about 2.5 hours to get to the top but for me it took more like 3.5 hours, and I am reasonably fit, but did stop for lunch on the way!

You can get a taxi to the base, I think my starting point was Maozai village, but there are actually several tracks to get up there. I bought food and water, but there are actually people selling water and snacks the whole way up. I would recommend bringing your proper lunch though, else you'll be lunching on chips and sunflower seeds (which everyone seemed to be devouring).

There are great 360degree views when you are near the top, being able to see Hong Kong, Shenzhen, port area and the sea. The air was pretty hazy when I was at the top though so couldn't see much of Shenzhen.

Getting down was another couple of hours, and there were no taxis at the bottom so got a bus back to the city for only 2RMB.

By the time you travel there, climb, take in the views, get down and back to the city it is basically a whole day activity. It was the best thing I did in Shenzhen!
View from part way up
I liked their street lights, which…
The port area. You can probably ju…
Lots of steps!