Worldly Goods

223 Main Street, Ames, IA, USA - (515) 233-4568

Worldly Goods Ames Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Mar 30, 2007
Worldly Goods is a non-profit retail store and sells goods by artisans and farmers from developing countries, utilising the principles of fair trade. They sold anything imaginable such as teapots and cups from China, coffee beans from South America, clothing from Southeast Asia, rugs from Mexico and many other products.

The elderly lady that worked there was nice and helpful. I really enjoyed looking around and I was able to buy a scarf from Nepal. I have always wanted one of those and finally I got one. I could have spent hours in this shop and bought lots and lots of things if I had not been limited by how much space I had left in my luggage.
ellylovin says:
Worldly Goods IS a great place. If you go back to Iowa, 1) Go in the summer so you can see the famous cornfields, and 2) Go to Iowa City! It's the best place in Iowa, for sure... the University of Iowa is there, and the downtown is saturated with unique bars and restaurants. there's a laid-back, almost-city vibe... I grew up in Ames, then lived in Iowa City for five years (college), and now live in Chicago. And I like Iowa City the best!
Posted on: Jun 11, 2007
Isoinspira says:
Awesome! I'm definitely going to check this place out the next time I'm in Ames!!
Posted on: May 08, 2007