World Honey Bee Museum

Zoo Negara, Ampang, Malaysia

World Honey Bee Museum Ampang Reviews

joehobo joehobo
Sweet is Honey Oct 14, 2014
Wandering around the many enclousures in the zoo and watching the big and wild animals looking bored and un enthusiasticaly spending their time I did enthuse myself imagining their life as to how it would be had this been in the wild with no barriers or enclaves between us.The thought did trigger smiles and some shivers when I came across a pavilion titled the World Honey Bee Museum.Colorful it was with two huge more than life size statues of bees welcoming us and I gues they did not have any stings.Amused I walked in and a large fossil collection of humble tiny bees to dark large bumble bess, families of them I should say,hornets of different sizes, nests, honeycombs, tiny sculptures, models displayed on slated tables and a large variety of honey collected,gathered and bottled for sale adorn this place which has been the effort of branded honey manufacturers in Malaysia. May be it is a sale depot for them manufacturers to sell their wares but defenitly it is an eye opener to all who make a visit there.The bee museum did attract a large number of school children who were running around trying to identify the bees which they might have been taught about, or seen in a picture book, film or from else where.

A television kept running a very informative video programme about the life of the bees, the waxen hexagonal cells, tunnels or cavities called honeycombs,they build to live in, their work culture,habitat,food and the dangers of their sting,the way they protect themselves and how they sustain the environment by polinating flowers to nuture and bear fruit for the benefit of mankind as well as make food for themselves and honey and wax for us as well as about the medicenal composite in Honey and human well being on consuming this nectar from the bees did impress upon every child and upon me too.

Honey is sweet and sweetness is an affectionate word.Many affectionately call their children or wife as honey..Yes; honey is the sweetest word in the dictionary.

Funny it is but one should not forget the life of this insignificant insect and their harmonious, tenacious life and effort which defines fertility and prosperity.This visit to the museum also reminded me of the Yehovah's promise quoted in the Bible to Moses and the Isrealites about the promised land as being one where honey and milk would flow in abundance.

Coming out of the enclosure I am sure that in the future, whenever I see a bee, I will remember, that there are shrubs that bloom, vegetation that bears us food, trees and places that sustain them bees and more importantly;"life".
HelenP says:
What a pity. I have seen flies in amber but never a bee. They are probably brighter than flies and made sure that they did not get trapped in pine sap!
Posted on: Oct 16, 2014
joehobo says:
No Helen none of that fossiled stuff...
Posted on: Oct 16, 2014
HelenP says:
Matin, I see what you mean about the marketing side of the museum, with the very glitzy shop. But I am rather fond of bees myself and would have enjoyed the exhibtion. Tell me, were there any bees in amber? Because I love amber and a combination of the two would have been amazing.
Posted on: Oct 15, 2014